Saturday, November 22, 2008

never a dull moment

It's a great day here at my house!
Not only is the big game on today-
GO COUGARS!!
but Chloe has here final two nutcracker performances.
Lots of family & friends are coming to watch & she is over the moon excited.
This morning the other three kids went in for the Flu Mist.
Dad tried to bribe Trent into not fussing (hey it's not the shot?!) by letting him use his blue tooth. He promptly called grandma & told her he was getting one for Christmas...? She of course has no idea what a blue tooth is. It was quite amusing to hear him try to explain the whole concept.
Poor Trent had to be held down-
he was just a little nervous- actually extremely nervous. I don't think it helped that Hailey went first & completely flipped out- woos. Or, that Jack told him that they really spray it up your rear end, out in the lobby. I of course couldn't stop laughing at that one... I really am not a good mom. Brett had to remind me to stop laughing so loud. I am such a loud laughter & cry when I really get going. Oh boy...

Did you get a flu shot, mist?
Trent says Jack's getting "dog crap" for Christmas...

9 comments:

Hailey said...

whatever! I DID NOT FREAK OUT! that's crazy talk. trent is just a baby. huff. i didn't freak out. besides, what did you want me to do? they sprayed liquid crap up my face! ew. no bueno

Karrie said...

What the hell kinda doctor do you go to?....flu shots in the rear??!!! Scary...JK.

We never get a flu shot...sounds like I've saved myself some trauma.

P.S.

Go UTES!!!!!!

Sorry guys...it's our year!

Karrie said...

oh ya....we can't wait for the Nutcracker...the girls are so happy!

wende said...

we are with hailey - we HATE the spray mist, the shot is so much better! the nurse was shocked when allie opted for the shot and said, "er, we don't really have it in shot form, we just ask so the kids are happy to have it up their nose!" allie was ticked!

i also laugh too loudly, and i too have a husband who reminds me of this.

jakenapril said...

okay, first things first: GO COUGARS!!! then: great job, Chloe! saw you this afternoon...it was fantabulous! and then, yes...at least my kids did--flu mist.

Jill said...

I have never heard of flu mist before, and I've never gotten a flu shot either. We hardly ever get sick so I never mess with it.

I love the thought of you laughing that hard. I think parenting with a sense of humor IS good parenting!

Kristy said...

My boys loved the mist! I got the shot and my arm hurt for 2 days!

Even though the game is now over I will still say GO UTES!!!!!

Janae said...

Jack was naughty to torment Trent...but, it was really funny.
Chloe was so terrific tonight, we had so much fun, even when Vivi insisted "This is NOT the Nutcracker"...yeah, I don't know what that's about. and, your a great mom:)

michelle said...

Huh. We've never had the mist, I had no idea it was something to dread.

I love the way your kids interact with each other and I think you are a GREAT mom to be able to laugh about it all!!