Monday, August 18, 2008

back to school shopping

tonight grandma, hailey, jack & I ran on down to our neighborhood Kohl's to do a little school shopping. I have to tell you- shopping with boys is much easier than girls- no offense girls... but if you can get boys to actually go shopping it's a lot easier. Shirts, tennis shoes, jeans - done.Jack informed me that I have "laughing issues." We found this bargain t-shirt for a mere $1.80. It had a monkey passing gas & the caption-
"I'm bringing stinky back"
on the front. For some reason I just broke down right there & nearly busted a lung laughing- really hard. The picture is a little blurry from shaking for sure. What in the world people? Who makes up this stuff- for real? I don't care if it was $1.80 & an extra 20% off that with the bonus buy... that is just wrong. (do you think a woman designed that- no way!?)I had a great time sitting in the men's dressing room with my camera. There was one seat in there & I took it. I also learned that a woman in the men's dressing room with a camera-
makes other men... a little nervous. Finally I just went into the dressing room stall with jack- he is not worried at all having his mom with him in the dressing room- but my girls would rather die. Boys & girls= different for sure. Jack actually asked hailey & grandma for their advice picking out some shoes. they ultimately didn't have his size in the ones we were looking at. We did find a pair really similar to the ones Max peed in last winter... & they were on sale for $19.97- score. I guess if jack wants to keep these ones he'll be nicer to the dog- or hide them- or something.
* are your kids in school yet?
*did you do any school shopping?
*what do you think about rude captions on t-shirts?

9 comments:

wende said...

i can't believe it made you laugh that hard and you didn't buy it? c'mon, that is a riot, think of the abs you would have some laughing so much! jack is hillarious, i can't belive he let you in there with a camera, didn't he learn from the shower video of brett? :)

Kristy said...

We went to Kohl's to today in fact I made 2 trips. One with Jake and one with Emily!! I think half of the city was there today!

I love the shirt! I would have bought it too! My boys would even wear it!! Too funny!

Jill said...

I love the thought of you bent over laughing at that gross shirt, and I love it that you sat in the men's dressing room with your camera!

I know exactly what you mean with the difference between shopping for boys and girls. Landon doesn't care at all, but with Whitney it's a huge production.

Amie said...

That shirt is wrong... but it looks like a good time shopping. I love Kohls!

Our kids are back in school. I already miss summer!

I am making your refried beans today... I will report.

Kari Sweeten said...

Oh my heck! I totally want that shirt for my 27 yr. old brother!

Karrie said...

I don't know what Micah would do if I went into the fitting room with him. He never shops with me. I did get him to the D.I. this summer to buy throwaway jeans for scout camp...which he now informs me that he want to use for school and doesn't need to shop for clothes.

I never get a bunch of school clothes now because it's so hot...I just by underwear socks, etc. and then I shop the end of Sept for all the back to school clearance sales...you get some really good deals.

Beth said...

This post is just too funny!

I can't imagine girls can be any harder to shop for than my son.

I send him to Seattle every summer and make my sister and his grandma take him. It's a big migrain for me!

Apparently I am doing it all wrong, I should loosen up and read more printed t-shirts!

Karolynn said...

We went last week for Whitney, it was pretty comical in the dressing room with a teenager, 4 year, old 3 year old special needs child and a 8 month old. Fashion Place mall will never be the same... I don't like shirts with rude captions on them, I always feel like a perv looking at someone’s chest area for a long time trying to read the shirt, but some are pretty funny.

michelle said...

Shirts like that are just plain wrong. You couldn't pay me to buy it! We did very little school shopping -- mostly the Old Navy outlet while on vacation. I love that you were snapping photos in the men's dressing room!