Monday, August 25, 2008

first day of school 2008

It finally came
the first day of school-
Don't get me wrong... I do like having my kids home & I love summer. This has just been a tough summer for many reasons that I have not blogged about....
really tough. Maybe someday I will talk about that but for now it'll have to wait.
Anyhow, something about the first day of school makes me feel like it's a new beginning. Even though I'm not in school, I feel like one of the kids. I couldn't even sleep last night. It's just that night before school feeling- it's all very exciting.Look at this! Jack & Seth going to school.
SENIORS
tHAT just makes me sick- what in the world?? Seth picked up jack aka: the cheap gas saver, in his new truck. Pretty sweet ride baby.
These two cuties go to the same school again!!!!
And this guy- so big- third grade is not for wimpy babies no sir!
Even though when he saw me after recess when the parents meeting got over he begged me, "don't leave me here mom!"
he has the BEST teacher. I knew he would be fine. When he came home I asked him how it went, "third grade is AWESOME!"
not bad for the first day.
So we all survived...
even max who whined & cried at the door. Even though we leave him home lots he too knew today was different. Poor guy- it was a rough day for a lonely ol' dog.

*has school started at your house?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

here's to a great school year! thinking of you.

Holly said...

What a big day for everyone! Poor Max too.

Looks like y'all had a fun bowling night--great way to spend some time all together before school started.

Jill said...

How funny that you couldn't sleep because of first day of school excitement. I sooo didn't have that, I just couldn't sleep because that's the bane of my existence right now!

Kari Sweeten said...

I can't believe Jack and Seth are SENIORS!! It seriously seemed like they were in my 9-yr old class not too long ago. Wow!

michelle said...

Seniors! Wow. I can't believe you have a missionary out and a 3rd-grader -- you are a busy woman, Patsy. And I'm sorry to hear about your difficult summer.

She Loves To Make said...

I can't believe school has started! And chloe being in Junior High AND Jack being a senior? Crazy...I love the school pictures. Everyone looks so cute.

Karrie said...

How on earth do all your kids not care that you get their school pictures? Ace is really sad and lonely too...can Max and him have a play day?

Janae said...

Great first day photos! I can't believe your Jack is a senior...I didn't realize that! A good recap of the first day.
(I couldn't sleep that night either)