Wednesday, August 6, 2008

progress

We went swimming yesterday at Karrie's pool- this place is heaven.
After sitting in the corner on the stairs for about 2 hours, literally- trent decided he would venture out & look at this... he swam (with a life jacket on) all the way to the deep end!
After that he swam all the way around the pool!!!

Wow! Karrie & I were cheering him on & were amazed when he finally just did it. When trent was a toddler he wasn't scared of water at all. In fact it, he was way too comfortable to the point where I wouldn't take him to the pool because I was sick of pulling him out constantly. He would be looking up at me from down under the water- I would pull him out then he would start screaming- why did you pull me out, I was swimming?! No he was drowning... oh boy. Well, he somehow made a complete turn around & now he usually won't even leave the stairs. He has been in level one swimming lessons twice just this summer alone.

So again- this is good. thanks karrie :)

And- look at this! A sure sign school is just around the corner. Secretly I am a little sad...
don't tell the kids though.

10 comments:

Beth said...

Yeah! He will be a little fish yet!

Maybe watching the swimming competitions in the Olympics will give him inspiration!

How fun to have a friends pool close by.

Kristy said...

Yeah for cross walk painting....a sure sign it is time for school!!

Yeah for Trent!!!

Janae said...

Good job Trent! Looked like a perfect day at the pool:)
It is a little sad...and, a little not. Very mixed emotions for us moms!

crystal said...

Yay for Trent!

I hate Back to School.

Jill said...

I can't imagine sitting on the steps of the pool for 2 hours! That would take serious restraint or extreme fear, because watching everyone else would make me antsy to get playing in the water. (Did you get in?) So hooray for Trent's bravery in living the steps!

wende said...

go trent! what a cutie.

i am so sad about back to school, as usual the summer has flown by too quickly and left me wanting more.

Karrie said...

Way to go Trent! I'm sure we can get him of the diving board before too long (with a lifejacket of course)!

I'm ready for school to start...I would like summer to last a little longer...but just for me though...selfish huh.

Holly said...

Hooray for Trent! That's so good he is ready venture out a bit more in the water--he looks proud of himself too. :)

Karolynn said...

Way to go Trent! I bet you were so proud! He looks so happy about it all. I love water, I could be a fish... I hear Whitney and Hailey are going to Lacrosse together next week. That was so sweet of her to get the information for Whitney!

michelle said...

Hooray for bravery!

That last photo is sad to me...