Thursday, August 28, 2008

12- HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHLOE

Today Chloe Turns 12!
here are twelve things I love about her....

1. She is so darn nice. Really she is nice to everyone. I'm not saying this because I'm her mom... she is really... you know- nice.

2. She loves to organize things!- I know?- incredible- she helps me clean out the pantry & the fridge all the time for fun. (We are not sure where this came from?)

3. She has a happy disposition. When she was little she was really crabby & fussy. She would throw her sippy cup if I didn't put nestle quick in her milk... she grew out of that :)

4. She plays the piano beautifully & doesn't complain when I tell her she can't quit because she has talent. She doesn't complain when I insist she practice. I hope someday she'll thank me.

5. She has a sense of humor & she doesn't mind laughing at herself -or me- or us.

6. She is responsible & helps me with trent a lot.

7. She is patient. Over the years she has had to take a back seat to trent when he is having difficulties, but never gets upset, or at least not for long.

8. She is incredibly focused. We think she may have gotten all the focus for her & for trent... maybe.

9. She's all girl- loves dolls, ballet, clothes, jewelry... fun girly stuff.

10. She takes her lunch to school in a cute lunch box. Even though her sister takes hers in a paper sack or buys it.

11. She's extremely thoughtful. She insists on getting everyone a birthday present & makes cards whenever anyone in the family is sick. Often I go in my room & she has made my bed or left me a note.

12. She can hold her own around here & away from home. When she was little she was so shy. I don't have anything against being shy, I just wanted her to be able to stick up for herself & be confident when she needed to be. While I was doing her hair, if she was nervous about something, I would tell her how she came from "strong women." That she was strong too. We would look in the mirror & say- "I'm a strong woman." It kind of seemed silly at the time... now it doesn't. She is in jr. high & not scared but just fine & her own girl.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

happy birthday, chloe!! twelve is a fantastic age :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE CHLOE!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Chloe!!!

Doesn't like chocolate in her milk??? Organized??? Not sure if she is even related to me... except she also loves loves loves doggies like I do. There may be hope!

I am so glad she grew out of throwing her sippy cup... he he he.

With her kindness she is also so VERY thoughtful... I am so proud and honored to be her Auntie, it just makes me smile!!!

We Love you Chloe!! I hope your special day is wonderful (don't forget to drag out all the fun, festivities, showering of gifts, and foot rubs ALL WEEKEND LONG!!! It's a birthday, holiday week extravaganza, don't you know!!!

Love and BIG HUGS,
Aunt Beth

Brent and Ashley said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHLOE! You are such a doll. Sophie adores you. Like that one time when we were visiting your ward. She didn't want to go into primary until I suggested she sit by you. Without hesitating, she walked right over and sat by you. Thanks Chloe for being so nice to her! We love you!

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Happy Birthday Chloe! I love you!

Karolynn said...

Happy Birthday Chloe! I am so excited to have her in YW! That photo of her would be perfect for our YW blog. Can I steal it?

Karrie said...

Wow! Happy Birthday Chloe...she is totally awesome and fun to be around and she does come from "Strong Women"...just like her Mom!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet, kind, beautiful, talented, smart, helpful, focused, fun girl!!!

Kim Sue said...

a wonderful list for a wonderful big girl!

Linda said...

Happy Birthday wishes to your special birthday girl. She sounds wonderful.

My birthday girl just had her birthday Tuesday, 20 years old. She was just Chloe's age...what happened here!?!

Janae said...

Happy B-day Chloe!! What a great picture of your 12 year old:)
Chole is a very sweet girl..I love that she helps you organize and that she is so kind and patient.
Happy Birthday to your cute 12 year-old:)