Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day~ In A Pickle II

Today Brett & I picked pickles at my neighbor's house. My kids love homemade pickles.
They are a hassle, I have to admit but they were free- & heaven knows I can't grow anything in my own garden so I was thrilled to have them.

Wow can you believe all these cucumbers?
They had already bottles over 100 quarts themselves!

What a mess. With these & more I put up 28 quarts- woo hoo!
That's a total of 59 - these and my last batch combined.

We had a BBQ tonight & notice anything different about Chloe?

She had 11 inches cut off of her hair today for locks of love. We decided she looks older now. She was worried about wether or not she could get a bun in her hair for ballet. I assured her it'll grow back. You won't believe this but I forgot to take my camera to the salon. I took pictures with my cell phone so as soon as I can figure that out I will post it. Don't count on that happening anytime soon. I did learn how to scan yesterday~ with the help of Brett. So I am learning... slowly.

I've had a really hard day for different reasons.
Making this blog makes me feel like life is good & we really are doing good things, more than it seems. Being the mom of six children is about 10 million times harder than I thought it would be.
*Do you ever have really bad days?
*Have you ever made pickles?
*Can you grow a garden?

6 comments:

Brit said...

It seems like your life never slows down. There are a lot of pickles/cucumbers in those pictures. What a fun day! I am starting a blog, but I don't have nearly as many things to write about. Sorry you had a rough day. Hope today is better. Love you.

Jill said...

I have really bad days sometimes, but am always happy to be able to blog about them and find that there were lots of good things in that day too. I think that's one of the great blessings of blogging regularly, we see that we actually do have full and fabulous lives!

I've never made pickles, but I remember my mom doing it once when I was about 6 years old and thought it was the coolest thing ever.

We don't have a garden, but I do grow flowers, though this year has not gone well at all.

patsy said...

Brit- thank you for commenting. You are right my life never slows down, which is partially my own fault. Right now I am feeling the pressure. I love you- patsy

patsy said...

Jill- You're the best! Thanks pj

PaD said...

Sorry you had a bad day. I've had a few myself. Yesterday I played at Kolob. It is a nursing home. One lady had no legs from the knees down. One lady was quite young I couldn't tell what her problem was. Their was a husband and wife there with their little dog. He was in a wheel chair.

It was fun to play for them but it was soooo hot I thought I was going to pass out. I came home and took a cool shower. That helped a lot.

I'm thankful to have enough water to take a shower. I'm thankful I don't have to can all those pickles. They do look beautiful and I know they taste good. Love ya.

Beth said...

Wow, I haven't done pickles before... maybe you have cured me from wanting to learn. Somebody has to keep Nally's in business you know.

I have read and read and can't figure out how to link back to an older post... sure could use a tip when you have time.

Chloe's hair is super cute! I wasn't sure how it would look shorter, but I like it allot!

I am going to borrow your picture of the flags... Jim has a Scout committee meeting about that fund raiser in our Ward. They have done it for a few years now, but it hasn't been very successful because of lack of parents support to take the boys to deliver and pick up, our Ward being spread out all over the country, no body wanting to head up the project and follow through with the customers, the lack of boys in town on the holidays they deliver them etc. It has been a nightmare to your brother... as a matter of fact, we just don't say the "f" word in our house.

I love the fund raiser myself and have spent some of my best patriotic holiday mornings out early in the wet due grass on my hands and knees with Jacob in his uniform looking for the pipe to put the flag into. But that's just me.

Looks lovely when you get the whole block on board!

I hope you have a wonderful day and get lots and lots done today with your quiet quality time of your own.

Take Care,
Hugs!
Beth