Saturday, September 15, 2007

Lagoon Day

Today was Brett's office's annual Lagoon Day.
Lagoon is an amusement park north of SLC.
Trent has been looking forward to this day all summer!
On Lagoon day we can go anytime & stay as long as we want. The company dinner is served at 5:00.
So, we got there around 2:30- which just about killed Trent- he got up at 5:30AM-just a little excited.
Hurray~ Megan came up from Provo.
This last month with all her R.S. meetings & boyfriend Tony- she has been too busy to come up. I am so glad she came, we've been missing her.

Dinner was fun. Hamburgers, hot dogs, ribs, chicken, etc.

Plus all the ice cream treats you want!

Here we are on the train.
One of Trent's personal favorites!

And here is Trent maneuvering a bumper car.

Trent has been bragging for the last week about how he was going to go on all the scary rides & even jump off them and climb down like spider man- especially the new ride "Wicked." (boys?)
As soon as he saw Wicked- while still in the parking lot- he started to get scared. He said it was "too wicked" and he was not going on that. But there were other scary rides. He went on & on bragging. Well, here we are on the paratrooper (not very scary-compared to what he had been talking about) & he was terrified.
I am such a jerk, I could not stop laughing. I kept giving Brett the thumbs up sign - asking how he was doing & Brett kept giving me back the thumbs middle to down sign back. Honestly it was so funny. He came off the ride, ran over to me, threw his arms around my neck and started to cry. Poor kid. He was trying to be so big.

(if you click on this picture it will enlarge & you can see his poor little face & white knuckles)
This Red Baron was more his speed.

Last year Brian & I waited in line with Trent & Chloe for the kiddy roller coaster Puff the Dragon. When it came time for our turn Chloe & Trent ran ahead & got in together. Brian & I got on like idiots & were so embarrassed when people from Brett's office waved at us. So we decided to make it a tradition to have the whole family go on it together from now on. You know the saying...The family who is embarrassed together stays together.
Jack was humiliated & refused. Brian dragged him up the ramp. Trent insisted that the ride was called "Puff OFF the magic dragon" which didn't help with all the rowdiness.
Now the boys were jokingly telling each other to Puff off- between nipple twisting and general rough housing the whole long wait. The people around us must have been mortified.
When we went to get on Brian, of course told the kid running the ride it was Jack's favorite ride. I have decided Jack will not miss Brian one bit when he leaves.
Here is my Self Portrait for the day.

We had so much fun!

*Have you ever been to Lagoon?
* Do you like scary rides?
*Do the boys/men in your life tease & rough house every second of the day?
* Do you uncontrollably laugh at things you shouldn't, like boys who are crazy fun?

1 comment:

Jill said...

I've been to Lagoon several times, but not in like 13 years. I can't handle rides anymore (since having kids) and have no tolerance for the heat. (I sound like such an old lady, but it's true.)

We went to Disneyland last year and though I enjoyed myself there I wasn't in love with the rides or the heat. It was just fun to be there as an adult with my husband and kids.

I definitely laugh at things I shouldn't and have made my son cry before because he thought I was making fun of him.