Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Gardner Village With Prego & the Girls

Today I went to Gardner Village with my pregnant sister Ruthie & my nieces Aimee & Britt.

(I have to call her prego sister now cause it's almost time for that baby to be born ya know.) Aimee brought the always stunning Cole & he was sooo cute. I got to hold him a lot & he was so happy & smiley! As you can see I have no pictures...I forgot my camera~ dang!

So I am posting a little picture of a postcard I bought for my favorite old friend steph. I just love to send her funny cards because I can picture her in my mind laughing & I know how much she appreciates funny things.

My friend Jill is back from having her Internet down for seven days. I thought two was bad~ I would truly go crazy. Her link is to the right. She is amazingly thoughtful & has tons of great friends. I feel like I learn a lot about friendship & service reading her blog. She is very inspiring to me. One of those kind of people you wish lived in your neighborhood!
***

This afternoon Trent brought home a note from his teacher.

this is what it said-

"Your child's behavior was inappropriate today

Trent hit _____ on the head, took his shirt and pulled it, then put his face in ____'s face and talked loudly to him. Trent said the reason was because he didn't get any sleep last night and that he was too hyper. (while talking Trent wiggled around & flapped his hands & arms- lol) I asked him if he was able to run around at lunch recess to see if that helped him with his wiggles. He said it didn't really . I visited with him about school & class rules of keeping hands, feet & other objects to himself. He said he knew the rules. I told him that when you break a rule like this you need to pay 5 minutes of recess and write sentences. He said- OK, I will. Please visit with him."

I was completely at a loss. I read the note to him except for the LOL part- and asked him what the heck happened. First he said it was private then he admitted the kid in front of him in the lunch line- the one he "hit"- wouldn't go & was bugging him so he pushed him. He has NEVER hit or done something like this before.

What to do ... what to do...

I figured the sentences & 5 minutes of recess were enough & reminded him to never do that again. I have never known Trent to ever be aggressive, I really think he was just messing around & it went too far. For now I will leave it at that. I am meeting with his teacher on Monday about other things so I will get the details I'm sure. She is really fun but she is strict and she never disciplines without letting the parent know- thus the note. I don't think in my 20 years of parenting any of my kids have ever brought something like this home before. They miss behaved sure- just never got caught, I guess.



1 comment:

Jill said...

Patsy I'm finally catching up on your blog and recovering from having my internet down and was totally shocked to see your kind paragraph about me! That's so nice, thanks so much.