Wednesday, September 26, 2007

HAPPY 19TH BIRTHDAY BRIAN!

Nineteen is a big year for an LDS young man. This is a birthday he has been waiting for since he was a little boy. He is finally old enough to go on a mission. I have to admit it sounded a lot more appealing to me, his mother when he was five & six. Here are nineteen things I love about Brian.
1. He's so funny.
2. He is not afraid to laugh at himself- or anyone else for that matter?!
3. He is a great big brother even to Megan.
4. He is very responsible. One time when he was fourteen Brett & I both had the stomach flu at the same time for over 24 hours. He took care of the whole family.
5. He's so darn cute.
6. He has a gorgeous voice & is great on stage. He has been in lots of local theatre, through school & otherwise. He has been in The King & I- Pirates of Penzance - Beauty & the Beast - Phantom - Jane Eyre- & Guys And Dolls.
7. He can't sing a spiritual song without crying. He refuses to sing at our church but will sing at others for this reason.
8. He is smart.
9. He is good with people, especially kids.
10. He is a happy person.
11. He is a good friend & truly misses his friends who are off at college or already serving missions.
12. He is patient with Trent- that's not easy for a teenager.
13. He is a cowboy at heart.
14. He is a good writer. He writes to his missionary friends & cousin on a regular basis. I can't wait to get letters from him!
15. He is worthy to go on a mission & hold the priesthood. At least I think so-(got you Bri)
16. He is great at prank phone calls, just ask Johnna he got her yesterday.
17. He loves his family.
18. He knows how to work.
19. He is my sugar boy. I love you Brian!

4 comments:

Johnna said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! We love you Brian!
And yes he got me! I was truly very confused for at least 5 minutes. You will be an awesome Missionary and don't forget to be careful when opening packages from me. Pay back can be rough :)

Have a great day!

Love you,

Aunt Johnna

Anonymous said...

Brian is a very fortunate young man because you are his mother. This may also be the reason why he has some of his quirky traits - jk!
B

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Brian!!!!

Sorry I was so late getting a post about your birthday... but I was thinking about you on your special day!

Your Mom is right on... you are a keeper.

Love and Hugs,
Aunt Beth

Jill said...

What a great list, this gives me hope that I shouldn't be afraid for my son to grow up.

How sweet that he gets choked up singing spiritual songs! He's going to be a great missionary!