Sunday, November 1, 2009

ten days old

Oh my goodness....
I miss this guy
-today megan sent this photo & it made my heart joyful-
So I realized I didn't give a lot of details when he was born. I think it was Michelle's comment that reminded me. I was on such an emotional high- what can I say?
anyway~
Charlie was born on October 22- just after 1:00
he was 8lb. 3 oz.- 18 3/4 inches long
Megan did great! She was induced- everything started out really slow. Her doctor & nurses were fantastic- the hospital was too. I was there- there the whole time. It was for real one of the most amazing experiences of my entire life. Being there when she was born, then seeing her give birth to my grandson. It was such a privilege. Thank you Megan.
So- the happy family is coming for Christmas.
I can't wait for everyone here to meet Charlie!
p.s. missionary countdown=19 days

11 comments:

Kristy said...

That picture is so dang stinkin' cute!!! His eyes are so pretty.

I am glad that you get to have everyone home for Christmas this year, it will be so much fun for you guys.

Linda said...

Sooo cute!

You have so much to be thankful for and lots of blessings these days, congrats!

The holidays will be fantastic and joyous I'm sure!

Anne said...

Tell Megan I said congrats on her adorable little guy! I remember babysitting (or following her around the park) her when she was little. I remember thinking she was so cute.
-Antoinette
almostjello.blogspot.com

wende said...

this photo makes my uterus hurt. what a beautiful little guy.

John and Misty said...

He is seriously one of the cutest baby boys I've ever seen! What a doll! Congrats to your whole family!

Jill said...

He is so beautiful! I wish that photo was scratch and sniff!

shannon said...

Look what happens when I go on a blogging hiatus! You go and become a grandma! Congratulations, Patsy!!

I'm laughing at Jill's comment!--I agree totally!
He is so adorable! I love his name!

Johnna said...

He is beautiful!

Karrie said...

I can't believe how handsome that baby is....he looks like he is going to have brown eyes or is it just the photo.

jakenapril said...

he really is such a beautiful baby! dang. grandbaby-check. soon the missionary will be home and then come the glorious holidays! are you ready for all the fun yet to be had? i'm not...because i can't wait for all the blogging. although i'll understand if you take a break in between it all, just to take it all in. how much fun can you have in just 3 months?!?

michelle said...

Being able to witness a birth has got to be the most amazing thing in the world. Well, after giving birth, that is... what a gift. I wish my mother had been able to be present at one of mine.