Thursday, November 19, 2009

just the cutest thing I've ever seen!

Charlie
You can sure tell he loves his mommy!
in case you didn't know...
the missionary comes home...
tomorrow
TOMORROW!
i have so many emotions running through my head...
he gets on a plane tonight...
he is coming home?
it seems like so much longer than two years right now.
when brian was born he was only one ounce smaller than Charlie.
we have come full circle, brett & I.
Brian is a man now.
Megan is a mother.
being a mother & now a grandmother is surely the greatest privilege/responsibility of my life.
I'm so grateful for it.
I am so full of gratitude for the blessings & the trials that are mine.
I feel overwhelmed.
I had no idea having a missionary would do such things to me.
I thought all of the insight & growth would be his.
I was wrong.
I feel so lucky I have three kids still at home & the journey is far from over.
Thank you brett- for giving me this dream come true-
being a stay at home mom
I owe it all to you.
Someone once told me-
"don't worry about having a large family, when you are old your kids are all you've got."
Every now & then I have wondered- if by having a large family we were crazy?
I'm so glad we did it.

6 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

I really love this post :) Love you! I can't wait to see pictures of tomorrow.

Unknown said...

i REALLY can't believe that two years has come to an end. i was just starting to read your blog as you got ready for brian to go...

i can't wait to read all about the homecoming!!

Janelle said...

Patsy, I am so happy for you. My sweet little granddaughter turns 4 today. Did you ever think your heart could hold so much? Love that Charlie, he is so precious and so cute!

What a blessing it is that we have had such wonderful providers that we an stay home if we want. It's nice to see that you are happy!
Bless you today as your boy comes home!

crystal said...

It might be just because it's 4:45am & I haven't gone to bed tonight...

...but this post made me cry.

And BOY, did I need your words tonight :)

Love you.

Jill said...

I'm so excited for your family! I've been thinking about you today and I prayed for Brian to have a safe flight home when I said my prayers last night.

Charlie is all kinds of cute!

I only have 2 kids, I'm hosed. Though last night when Landon was being difficult and rather teenager-like the thoughts going through my mind were less than kind. I fear I'm not made of very tough stuff.

michelle said...

This is so beautiful, Patsy. I'm glad you got your dream come true!

I wanted to have a full quiver of children, but I'll have to be content with my three. I don't know that I could have handled more, anyway...

But you and Brett have got it made! Good, good work.