Monday, November 2, 2009

a day in megan's town

I flew into Megan's town on October 20th- I got there just before dinner. Megan made one of my favorites found here & it was YUmO. We settled in for the night & then the next morning she took me on a tour of her town.
Her town is darling, clean, family oriented & full of atmosphere.
In her town there are no bars- no where to get booze- You have to go to the town down the road for that- this is a family town. Wow- impressive.
In Utah - the LDS church gets blamed & hated because of regular people wanting to do that... Hmmm?
She took me to the original Walton's five & dime where the original Walmart started.
It is a really neat little museum now.Sam Walton's truck- the truck he drove around refusing to go ritzy with all the money & success in his life. He seemed to be a very good man- I wonder how he would like the Walmart of today? Surely he would be amazed at all the growth!
Just outside of the 5 & dime is the city square.
It's darling- Megan & Tony come here often year round on the weekends- especially for the farmer's market & concerts on the square. They love it here- I hope I get to come with them one spring/summer or fall night!City HallThere are a couple of darling specialty shops right near the square. Cute as can be & lots of fun to browse. These Crock bags were all over. I have never seen one before. I'm not a fan of crocks- but if you are you've gotta check these out.We passed the Walmart headquarters.
It's just what you would imagine- not pretentious.
In fact, I wouldn't even know that's what the building was if Megan didn't tell me.We drove past all of her favorite homes in town.This one is both or our favorites!
How beautiful is that!!?
I wonder how it would be to live in a house like this-
I'm sure it's full of charm & history.
We picked up Tony & had lunch at Panera --
WHY isn't there a Panera in Utah?
This place is incredible- I fell in love with it in New Jersey & want to go back!
After lunch we went to Rogers- a town nearby & I stop taking photos- I think it was the Williams Sonoma overload- I LOVE that store & she has one of the nicest/biggest ones I have ever been in. Then we checked out Brighton Jewelry, Yankee Candle & Pottery Barn. Too much fun for one just about to go into labor--- I bought her a pair of new pj's for the hospital, we went back home, then off to the hospital where she was checked in---
and the rest is history!
Thanks for the tour- for being so good to me- and for making me a Grandma-
I love you guys & miss you-
mom

6 comments:

Kristy said...

I love this cute town! These houses are my dream houses that I will never have. What a fun place to live.

Jill said...

Bentonville looks rather charming, I love all those old houses, they have such great style!

I wish we had Panera here too!

shannon said...

What a lovely town...It looks like my kind of place...how interesting to see the first Walmart...(I wonder where the first Target was)

I'll trade you your Cafe Rio for our Panera Bread! (Even though I love Panera, thoughts of eating at Cafe Rio haunt me)

She Loves To Make said...

Cute post--I'm glad you liked it here and now don't worry about us living in a little Arkansas hick town :)

Karrie said...

I love that house too...I want to see inside of it.

I love Megan's town...especially that there are no places to drink in that town...wish it were like that here.

michelle said...

What a darling little town! I want that house, too. And Panera!