Tuesday, November 24, 2009

nutcracker 2009

Saturday night! oh my goodness...
The Nutcracker 2009
was amazing.{marcus, brittany, brittany & hailey}

Brian & Jack were up for it.

Most of these guys had all been at the BYU/Airforce game just hours before. They had to leave a little early to make it to the ballet- studs. Of course- we were kickin butt - so it wasn't that great of a sacrifice. Do you notice how Jack doesn't seem to be camera shy anymore? Has he embraced my blogging ways? I'm glad because he is one very photogenic dude.

The performance was Fantabulous!
Chloe is so graceful & talented.
I'm not sure there is anything better than watching your own child perform... so fun- wow.

This year we even ordered the DVD!
We never do that- it's just one of those things....
I am so glad we did. She has such a great part as an Arabian that we will really enjoy seeing her for years to come, and looking back at how much she has grown.

Her favorite color is yellow- so dad brought her yellow gerber daisies.

This was Hailey's second time seeing it!

Every night as we got to the theater she would say to me- Oh I love this- I wish I could do this everyday... sweet girl. The life of a professional ballerina is not the life I would choose for my daughter, but she is smart enough to make her own choices. She will keep dancing- but isn't heading that way. If she were we would've stepped it up a while back- more lessons, different company etc. She has so much potential in life. I think that's one of the things I love about being around kids- all that potential & contagious- it's powerful if they can just clue into it.

Everyone loved the ballet. Brian said it was the perfect way to end his two years of living with men- seeing men dancing in tights- smarty pants. Jack thought it didn't look that hard? What? boy did he get an earful when he got home. Trent started whining after the fight scenes were over about needing to go to the bathroom- I told him just to pee his pants, I wasn't leaving- serenity now!

I am so thrilled for chloe-
that she has this experience in her life.
Dancing ballet all these years- even if she never danced again- will benefit her, her whole life long. She has grace & poise. She is beautiful.

I love you Chloe!
Let's watch the DVD together when it gets here
I can't wait

7 comments:

wende said...

we've gone now for several years and this year was definitely the best so far! it was so great to see chloe and other girls we knew, it makes it so much more fun when there's someone to watch for!

i agree with you 100%, she is a lovely lovely girl with loads of potential to go so far. i always feel teary eyed at dance recitals because their goodness, talent and potential are so overwhelming to me. i LOVE it!

way to go chloe! we love you!

Kristy said...

Chloe is so beautiful!!! I am sad we missed it this year. Maybe Emily will come next year and go with me or I will have to attach myself to another family and go.

What the heck.....Jack not camera shy anymore?????? Maybe it is because Brian is home and now you have some competition going on!!

Jill said...

It's so wonderful that she got to be in The Nutcracker again! I agree with you that experiences like that last a lifetime and will benefit her in a variety of ways.

Brian's comment about men in tights is funny.

Karrie said...

I'm so sad we didn't go this year..next year for sure!!! She looks so great...what a good kid.

Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone! I feel so good! I love you Mom!

Chloe

She Loves To Make said...

Chloe is so beautiful but more than that she's beautiful on the inside too. Such a sweetie. Sad we missed it this year. The nutcracker is one of my favorite things this time of year.
I'm shocked at all of these great photos of Jack...and even at the nutcracker! He must be growing up :)

michelle said...

Chloe is beautiful indeed, and grace and poise are wonderful traits to possess. What an amazing experience for her, and for your family to witness! Loved your thoughts on kids and their limitless potential.