Thursday, November 26, 2009

a thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year!

Marcus & Brittany
Ruthie's family and Brian... the former missionary
were here.
He has been teasing hailey relentlessly & she says he can go back any day now- in fact she says Chile isn't far enough away- hmmm? some things never change.

this year for the first time ever-
I actually bought my pie crusts.
I was at the grocery store, they were on sale, something came over me & I had one of the most stress less Thanksgiving days ever. Why haven't I done that before?
(just don't tell martha)
Brittany was a huge help & loads of fun...
you're not so bad either Marcus.


Lauren brought a friend- somehow he got out of all the photos?
Ruthie brought here prize winning pie!

The two nutcracker girls had fun.
Ruthie's daughter is in a different production of the nutcracker this weekend.

The peanut was followed by his biggest fan & cool older brother.

He's not the smiliest of little guys... but we got him to smile a couple of times.

Max on Bronco got into the Pilgrim spirit of things.

and the turkey turned out PERFecT!

It was my third year in a row of brining & roasting pioneer woman style!
Thanks to her & a laptop in the kitchen- there was no dry turkey in the house... YuM.
There is so much to be thankful for this year...
a new grand baby
the safe return of the missionary
work
family
friends
health
the gospel....
I could go on & on.
thank you for being a part of my life.


6 comments:

Jill said...

Your the hostess with the mostess Patsy! All your events always look so homey and fun.

Karrie said...

This looks so yummy....I was going to say next year order your pies from Marie Calendar's and that is total no stress...but then I remembered that you make even better pies than her...so never mind.

Beth said...

Great to see everyone! Thanks for blogging the pictures.

Hugs!!

wende said...

i make everything from scratch, except the pie crusts. seriously, it's just not worth it!

the turkey was super good this year, falling off the bones it was so tender, but the breast meat was still a tiny bit dry. is there a solution to this problem?! i'm glad the rest of the turkey was so good so i didn't have to feel too bad about it.

your photos are wonderful, i always pull out the camera and EVERY YEAR i forget to take photos. what is wrong with me?

Brit said...

It looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I missed you guys! Love you!

michelle said...

This is REALLY making me miss Thanksgiving. I am going to have to make Thanksgiving dinner for Christmas, because we missed out. That is a lot of pie!!

I love your list of things you're grateful for. It is a wonderful life!