Wednesday, November 4, 2009

pioneer woman

Today has been a crazy day full of so much excitement!
For weeks now we have been planning on going to the book signing at the King's English of
the one & only
Ree Drummond
aka: Pioneer Woman!!!!

Wende, Kristy, Hailey & I left early from our town to wait in line.
Wende had preordered her book, but it wasn't in yet. I had read on a different blog that The Woman's book signing in Denver had been a crazy mad house... so this morning I got up & started scanning the web for copies just to make sure we would all have one for tonight. I drove all over the valley & got six books---- feewww!
Soon after the signing had started even The King's English had sold out! I swear people were coming in in hoards to buy the book.

Hailey is a huge fan & never misses a day of Pioneer life on the Pioneer Woman.
She even wants to marry a cowboy!
Wooo hOOO I hope she does too.

We left our town for downtown by 4:15 & got in line by 5:15. We were so lucky to get a great spot being there a couple hours early... the book store started handing out tickets & we were in the group of the second signing. 20 tickets for each letter of the alphabet, just to handle the crowd and to make sure those waiting the longest got to get into signing first- we got B tickets- not too shabby! We immediately started making friends with people around us & had a great time visiting. We talked for hours to a darling mother with two darling daughters behind us & the two ladies in front of us who had driven up from Vegas - the group in front of them had flown in from Oregon- wow.

Before the book signing she was going to speak to the packed audience.
We were so lucky to have seats in the fourth row.

Book sellers have been so surprised at the popularity of bloggers. Everywhere I have been today sellers have mentioned how surprisingly popular her book is. they have no idea how loyal bloggers are to their daily reads. Nor how amazing Ree Drummand's cooking is! I saw on a local TV show she was on today that the book has only been out a week & it is already in it's 5th printing!


Finally she came in - we had been there a good couple of hours by now... and she did NOT dissapoint. She was absolutely delightful & modest & beautiful & she brought her sister in law Missy with her & I loved it. She took questions & guess what- I got in the first one! I asked her what's the name of your beautiful children?- it was pretty great- heck, it was a thrill!

After the Q & A we waited again, this time the crowd was getting a little CRAzY ... hello- excuse me... what's your letter- you know... to get into the signing...? P's & Q's were standing at the front of the line- ummm No.

Don't worry
The King's English was great- even though they are a small store-- absolutely darling by the way-- they did a great job handling the crowd considering how small of an area we were in-and- finally

WE MaDE it!!!

I don't have photos of her with wende & kristy... I'm sure they will post them soon. There seriously wasn't enough room to get up there & get a shot. But here she is with Hailey- who was so excited & so nervous she was worried she would either puke or pee.

Luckily neither happened.

Next she signed a book for megan- I wish she could've been with us- but hey Ree, can I call you Ree? Megan is busy down in your neck of the woods with a new baby.

She signed a book to her & I showed her photos of Charlie, because hey- I'm a grandma now & I waited all night to have you sign my book & I am going to show you pictures of my grand baby- don't make me go postal. She, of course, thought he was cute & said that Charlie is her very favorite boy's name.

Next it was my turn.
Now Hailey & I are thinking we are gonna get all Julie & Julia & make every recipe in the book. I'll have to post about that if we do...

Let me tell you- this is one wonderful cookbook. It's done in true Pioneer Woman style- loads of pictures - step by step instructions- stories & photos mixed in. She's great her book is fabulous.
If you have not gotten your copy yet-
put it on your Christmas list!
You will be glad you did.

What a great night

thanks for going with me gals & making it so much fun, especially you hay! and thanks sweetie for coming home early from work, driving ballet, doing homework, making your own dinner...
I love you.


12 comments:

Jill said...

Wow, what a cool adventure for the 4 of you (and the rest of the crowd)! I didn't even know she had done a cookbook, that's one I'll want to get. I love all her photos.

Is it just me or is Hailey's 16-year oldness looking fabulous on her? She looks beautiful!

Holly said...

High pitched squeal!!! I'm so happy for you and Hailey and your girlfriends to go to the book signing and ACTUALLY MEET REE!!!

Can I touch you?

She is going to be in Houston in early Dec. and I'd LOVE to go, but I think we'll be out of town--I might have to change my plans-HA!

Y'all looked beautiful and so happy!

Holly said...

Oh, I forgot, I love the charm of smaller book stores. I love to support the little guy when I can, ya know?

wende said...

SUCH A GREAT NIGHT!! i just couldn't believe how absolutely fabulous she was. even prettier in person. and i loved meeting missy, WHY didn't we take a photo with her?!

ok, and PS i just have to say - i think you posted the first photo that i took of you and hailey together. what the? ! love ya!

Natalie said...

I.AM.SO.JEALOUS!!!!! And so happy for you....i absolutely LOVE her and i saw her on studio 5 as well. she is awesome....enjoy your book!

Beth said...

What fun!!!! I love the Pioneer woman!! Her photography, story telling skills and great recipes... I didn't know she had a book out!

So cool....thanks for sharing this, what a great post!!

michelle said...

Fun!! What a great adventure for you guys!

I am thinking that booksellers should be catching on pretty soon...

Kristy said...

What a fun night!!!! I am glad we got there early and was in the the B group not the Q group! She was fun to meet and I loved her accent!

Everyday Anisha Photography said...

Oh I'm so jealous! I love pioneer woman, especially the photography site. How fun!

She Loves To Make said...

I am so jealous you guys got to go and meet her! How fun! I can't WAIT to see the cookbook. Loved the pictures you took!

jakenapril said...

okay, so pdub posted more pics from her stop in slc and hailey is in one! yes, all cute and smiley. check it out here: http://thepioneerwoman.com/confessions/ love it! :)

Karrie said...

These pictures are so great...if I knew her brother was ever going to tour with her I think I would definitely need to see that.

I'm glad you ladies had a good time.