Saturday, August 1, 2009

Welcome HOme Hailey!

This morning bright & early...
We packed up the car & headed to Utah Valley to pick up Hailey- who has been at EFY all week. It was a struggle to get down there on time- since we have been up late all summer & last night was no exception. When they say 6:30 AM pick up... they are not kidding.

We got there about 7:15 & ya-
there were 2-3 kids left out of 800 or so.

We headed off to breakfast


and had the best time!
(going out to breakfast is such a treat)
we really should do this more & don't.

this is trent's funny face breakfast-
he of course, ate almost nothing- which offended the face- or so I told him.
He didn't care.
Chloe squirted some ketchup on her shirt & I couldn't see it from across the table. When she stood up I busted out laughing... she didn't think that was funny. I couldn't help it. I could only see a tiny bit of it from across the table, when she stood up it was like 10 inches down. Poor kid- I really couldn't help it- I didn't think it was that bad- I could not stop laughing.
hard.
belly.
laughing.
Hailey then said- she missed us.
I will not be winning mother of the year anytime soon.


Next we headed down to the Springville Quilt show.
It is one of the biggest quilt shows in the state- the one WEnde & I missed on Monday-


The Springville museum itself is beautiful.
It's a Spanish style building filled with gorgeous architecture & stone floors. I loved it.
The quilts were breath taking & there were so many to see.I am posting a few pictures of my favorites.
If I can call them that- they were all stunning.
I wish the photos could do them justice!



this one- was not my favorite - although it was filled with intricate detail & amazingly handcrafted. It was made by nine different women & won in the "group effort" category.

Yes- it is a Twilight quilt- to be given to Stephanie Meyers after the show.
I'm documenting it for all my Twilight loving friends... I've never read Twilight, so therefore- I do not get it. I don't plan on reading it anytime soon. Not that I have anything against it... I'm just too busy. But a quilt...? it seems a little much- No offense-
the cheesy sayings & all- it's just not my style.

There was an opportunity to vote for a people's choice.
This was my pick-
amazing...

can you see the detail?
it was hand dyed & called...
Evening Sunset in Kentucky- or something like that- oops, can't remember.
Chloe & I were the only two who braved the show(she carried my big purse to cover the ketchup) & when we walked out of the museum...
Trent- TRENT - came DRIVING up.
Yes- brett had him sit with him in the driver's seat & he was driving around the parking lot. Steering, pushing petals... Holy hell- Men, leave them alone for a second- they buy guns, ammo, or let kids drive?
Trent- drove us over (the other end of the parking lot) to "the coolest playground ever" to show us what they found


These swirly things were really cool & fun-
until Brett started getting a little too much.
I drove home & we had to pull over, he thought for sure he was going to throw up.
funny- well not really- I think it's his punishment for letting the kid drive. For the rest of the day he has been begging us to take him driving in the church parking lot??? Give me a BREAk! He even said--- but mom--- I was born to drive!

I feel so bad for him

Do you think Hailey had fun?
This is where she landed until we headed home & Trent aka: the seat belt police woke her to get hers on- then we all came home & took a nap. Well I did, I'm not sure what the seat belt policeman did? Maybe he was driving around the neighborhood?
*have you ever started laughing at your kids at the wrong time?
*side note: with all of trent's issues... letting him drive in the parking lot isn't so bad-- brett was in control & it was a huge empty parking lot- he needs to build up confidence & this was a "boy" bonding thing... I'm just exaggerating. Still, he is not to be driving in the church parking lot anytime soon....

8 comments:

Kristy said...

I love the quilts they are so dang pretty!!! I love the Kentucky one, it is way cool!

What is up with EFY and the kids having to be picked up at the crack of dawn???? I don't get it. Last year I had to pick up Emily in Rexburg at that hour. I think they need to change the time to like noon or something.

Breakfast looks so yummy!

Rachel said...

Wow, look at those quilts! The hexagon one and the Kentucky one are A.MAZ.ING.

I've totally laughed at my kids at inappropriate times ... but it's mostly so far been just when I should have been punishing them, but what they did was so funny/clever ... I'm sure you know what I mean. Thanks for sharing that moment, though, it gives me a glimpse into my future I'm sure! :)

Kim Sue said...

Kenny lets Carly drive when we get to the gravel turn off to the lake house. The first time I almost had a cow but he really is in control and really the most she will do is run into some farmers field. Carly only gets to steer, Kenny is still doing gas/brake. She's not quite tall enough to reach them yet! She thinks its awesome and it is something she will remember doing with her daddy when she grows up...which reminds me that the next time I need a picture so I can blog about it!

She Loves To Make said...

Those quilts are stunning, even in the pictures! I can't imagine how great they would be up close.
haha I love how Trent said he was "born to drive." Tony and I are just cracking up over that!

Jill said...

A 6:30am pick-up, what in the world?? That sounds awful.

I love going out to breakfast, but don't do it very often either. It's always a special treat when we end up going.

Wow, those quilts are really something else.

wende said...

i'm OVER THE TOP jealous that you got to see all those quilts! so awesome, we definitely need to plan a trip to do this next year. i am dying over all the gorgeous creativity there!

uh, a twilight quilt? ya, that's a little much. cheesy and much. but then again, so was the book. :)

i hope trent doesn't drive you crazy asking to drive the parking lot every ten seconds! i'm smelling cell phone like obsession coming here!

Janae said...

I have Wende's same concern over the driving...it could be cell pone obsession all over again;) he's too funny! born to drive....
amazing quilts! Wow! that tree was incredible on that Kentucky quilt.
The pick up time is ridiculous! I hope they had a good reason for that one.

Karrie said...

I have 3 things to say

1. AMazing quilts

2. Hope Hailey had fun at EFY

and

3. WTH?...has Brett not learned anything during all of his parenting year? Now Trent will not want a cell phone...just a car to drive!!!!