Sunday, August 16, 2009

County Fair

I feel like I haven't blogged in forever...
so today I am working on a little catching up.
Yesterday morning was a blissfully rainy day- rain- it's August- and we had rain! Not just any rain, but cool rain. The high was maybe 74 degrees. It was glorious. After a bunch of errands & chores, the sun came out & we took the family to the County Fair.

It was a little bit of a struggle getting out the door...
NO ONE wanted to go (especially TRent)-
but the "meanest mom & the meanest dad" (quote from trent)- made them go- The Nerve!
Jack of course is nearing his college departure & is trying to be very pleasant. I knew he didn't want to go... but went anyway. His days are limited & he is being so kind to tag along, do extra jobs, even babysit etc.

We headed straight for the petting animals as soon as we got there.
It was so great!

There was food to feed the animals & they were HUNgrY.
It was so funny.

Trent- of course, changed his mind immediately about the fair.

Side note: After the fair we were heading to a near by town to do a little school shopping- then he didn't want to go shopping... oh my gosh... some body help me. Will this kid ever just conform?
The goats of course were very greedy.
Brett held some back while Chloe fed the babies.
There were some bunnies for sale which lead to intense begging.
Followed by intense laughter. Meanest mom here- remember?
It was a perfect afternoon.
Later Brett & I went to see:
Which was FABUlous!!!
two thumbs way up- I loved it!
{except for one silly "f" word- why do they throw those in?}
All in all it was a GREAt summer Saturday!

13 comments:

shannon said...

ooooo fair pictures! My favorites!
I just did a fair post, too, but didn't include any animal pictures except for a hairy rabbit...

Going to the fair is one of my favorite things about summer!

For the "meanest mom in the world" you sure do know how to have a good time! :)

She Loves To Make said...

Of course Trent would love the fair! Glad you were the meanest mom and made him go! Cute picture of you and dad :)

Gail said...

We went to see Julie & Julia friday night and loved it too. I have read both of the books it is based on and I have to admit I liked the Julia parts better than the Julie parts. Julie was much nicer and less foul mouthed in the movie than in the book.

Love the fair photos.

Anonymous said...

You are not mean Mom! We love you and we had a great time.

-chloe

Jill said...

It does seem like you haven't blogged in a long time. I'm used to daily posts from you, so I always fear the worst when you go missing.

It's great that you took advantage of the cooler weather to go to the fair. We stayed home all day with the windows open and thoroughly enjoyed it, but the fair would have been good too. You're such a mean mom.

Kim Sue said...

so glad we didn't run into any rabbits for sale...good grief, I would be the meanest mom EVER!

Karrie said...

I'm so so so sad we missed the fair this year...I really wanted to take the girls...I'm finding myself continually frustrated that summer is just not long enough fit in it all the things I want to do.

Karrie said...

P.S. that is such a cute picture of Trent...what a smile!

Karolynn said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I love Jacks quilt!

Karolynn said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I love Jacks quilt!

Karolynn said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I love Jacks quilt!

Karolynn said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I love Jacks quilt!

michelle said...

I was seriously loving that cool rain.

I love that Trent immediately changed his mind about the fair. And that Jack is being extra nice and helping out, so sweet.

I want to see that movie! Adorable sp of you two.