Tuesday, August 25, 2009

swamped

I can't remember the last time i was so swamped & busy... oh ya- it was during the last school year. It has been absolutely nuts here. I am sure you are all super busy too so I won't bore you with the details...
well, maybe a few:
Brett's parents came in Sunday night & are staying a week and a half. They both have doctors appointments in the big city & Grandpa has lost some weight this summer. He is trying to put on a few pounds so you know what that means? I have been cooking up a storm & lovin' it! Hurray- someone to cook for who is not worried about calories or whether or not it is "super healthy" - this is so much fun. I am sure at the end of their stay he will not have gained a pound but I will have gained ten. Oh well, I am just a service oriented person... so I have to do what I have to do! (don't judge) as if there wasn't enough going on tonight was pack meeting- not some dumb ol' boring pack meeting either! Our fabulous cub master (he rocks!) got one of these from work & we planted a tree at the elementary school in honor of a sweet lady in our neighborhood who passed away recently. She had lived a long amazing life, never had children of her own, but taught here at our elementary for over 30 years! Because of football & soccer there weren't a lot of boys in attendance- I feel sorry for them- it was so much fun, we gave out tons of summer awards & the boys were in heaven.
school update: the first day of school was great for the younger two... but stunk for the high schooler. it was rough, she came home defeated. her teachers are "weird" and some kid told her to "F" off.... not nice. She didn't have time for lunch- long lines- and doesn't have a lot of friends in her A day classes. Luckily today B day was better!!! FEWWWW- friends, fun teachers & no freaks with bad language. So tomorrow back to A day- let's pray.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

high school is such a challenge... how did we all survive it??

we had a scout break over the summer. i'm approaching the coming year (Bear) with trepidation. need to line up some big equipment!!

Beth said...

Wow, I am working way too hard planting stuff at my house! I need your fabulous rockin' scout master near me!

Sorry about your rough day Hailey!

michelle said...

I loved your "let's pray" line, as well as your "I'm just a service-oriented person". You crack me up!

Jill said...

How cool to plant a tree as part of Pack Meeting!

I hope you'll document the stuff you're cooking as you try to fatten up Brett's dad.

Poor Hailey, I hope it gets better.

Karrie said...

What the heck...who's that kid I'll find him give him a few chioce four letter words to chew on for a while.

I hope it gets better for her.

Cool idea for pack meeting.

Kristy said...

Yeah for B days!!! Tell Hailey to find Emily and her buds and they will beat up the kid or shower him with kindess.......LOL!!!

The tree planting was an a great thing to do for pack meeting!

wende said...

taylor had a lame (but not that bad) A day, and said B day was a lot better. what a jerky kid to be saying stuff like that at school! where is his mother? she would be appalled!

hang in their hailey - it will get better for sure.

and that digger thing - holy smokes! that thing rocks. i need that guy to head over to MY yard. maybe that could be your next service project? :)

shannon said...

I love cooking for people who appreciate it! I don't know how I managed to marry the one man that "eats to live"...(rather than "lives to eat" like me!)

The only time I hear any real response is when I make jellow instant pudding...(does that even count as something I cooked up?