Sunday, August 2, 2009

happy birthday megan... one day late!

{megan & tony july 09}
Yesterday was my oldest daughter Megan's birthday.
I thought way too long & hard on this post... & now it is late.
She is 22- I know?- How is it possible I have a daughter who is 22?
what?
was I 12 when I had her?
Seriously, I haven't aged a bit!
I have grown & learned a LOT--
at her expense... sorry first born child in the wilderness of mine affliction.
She doesn't seem to be too scarred from it? so far???
megan was born after 1:00 in the afternoon. I had big dreams & still do for this child. She was gorgeous with loads of dark hair. She was due July 17th.... it was summer, we lived in the desert of CA- I was swollen & HOT. I didn't think she would ever come. But, she did-
two weeks after she was born we (her dad & I) loaded her up & went back to college.
We took a year off after getting married.
We worked hard & played hard on the beaches of CA
and had a baby---
what must our parents have thought?
I shudder to think about it now- but we did it.

{megan, chloe & hailey at megan's house july 09}

I am grateful for megan-

that she is patient- easy to forgive- married to the best guy ever, besides her dad, TOnY- she is a fantastic sister-a wonderful cook-organized-smart- cute- funny- can take a joke that her brother's pull on her- responsible- a darling wife- always good to her dad & I-involved in our lives even though she is far away- calls me- cares what I think- but most of all...

PREGnant- with a baby boy- Oh boy!! I hope you had the best day!

I love you megan- mom

6 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

Thanks mom :) Love you! We watched the home videos dvd last night. I'm so glad you got that organized and sent me a copy! I loved it!

Jill said...

Happy birthday to Megan! I can't believe you have a 22 year old daughter with a baby on the way!

wende said...

happy birthday megan! oooh how i love that cute megan girl. i can't wait to hold that baby! :) i have loved seeing photos of her growing tummy! so exciting!

and patsy, you're right! you HAVE NOT aged a bit! :)

michelle said...

You definitely don't seem old enough to have a married daughter who will give you a grandson soon!

Janae said...

Happy b-day Megan:) just a little late!
I love that you guys had a year off from school on a CA beach! I wish I would have done that. i'm sure your parents were not over the top thrilled with the idea...it sounds very romantic though:)

Karrie said...

Happy Birthday Megan...Patsy I can't believe you and Brett took a year off school....If Troy did that we would have never gone back and you would have to visit us in our van down by the river.