Wednesday, August 12, 2009

all done

Today was our last Bear Cub den meeting for the summer!
What a way to end-
A tour of our local DQ!!!
woo hoo- it was a BLAST-
We walked down (only a couple of blocks from my house)
and found out how ice cream is made- saw all the tubes soda travels through to get to the soda dispenser- walked into the walk in fridge & freezer brrrr- saw huge cans of hot fudge mmmm- watched french fries fry & made our own ice cream cones.
Does life get better than this?
I'm thinking about applying for a part time job?
Unfortunately I didn't take a lot of photos. Trent was stuck to me like glue, then didn't want to make a cone or eat one & started to get into an argument with one of the choice little boys that is now lucky to be alive.
jack - bless his driving soul- came & picked us up.
I could tell the walk home would have been treacherous. The bickering continued with promises to "never be friends again" from trent & ugly faces from the other kid. As we pulled up to the driveway jack proclaimed- GET OUT-
I thanked them for coming & was told over & over-
this was the best scout outing EVEr. So that made it all better.
This afternoon I finished the D.L.T.C. quilt.
(Don't Look Too Closely)
AKA: jack's college bound quilt.
It was so much fun to work on this- jack originally wanted a superhero quilt with blocks of superman, spiderman, etc... I swear there is no such fabric out there right now!
Everything is H.S. Musical or Hannah Montana-
which would NOT have gone over well.
Can you imagine that on his bed? ha ha ha
I found the most darling cowboy prints, but was worried the finished product would look like it belonged on a toddler bed.
I chose 10 inch squares of checks & plaid then put some some cowboys on the back- I love it. He wanted a "puffy" quilt, so I tied it & it turned out really warm & cozy looking.
Now... I have been sitting in front of the computer for a couple of hours drinking diet coke & eating spoonfuls of Nutella. I saw a commercial yesterday about how Nutella is good for you- so it's kind of like eating health food.
Right NOW... brett is driving home from the airport!!
HOORAY
How was your day?

9 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

That sounds like the best scout trip! Except for the fighting, which I'm pretty sure I'm right on cue with who you are talking about haha.
The quilt looks good! It will be perfect for Jack!

Kristy said...

Who wouldn't love a field to trip to DQ!!!!

I am hoping all the fighting goes back to school with the kids!!

Jack's quilt looks awesome! You rock Patsy!

jakenapril said...

mmmm! dq. love me them dilly bars, i do.
love the quilt for the college-bound jack. very nice. he is such a lucky kid to have a mom like you. does he know this?
and uh, yes, nutella is the bomb. dot com. spoonfuls of it is even healthier! goooo patsy! you rock!

Jill said...

You are such a great scout leader! I can't believe all the great field trips you take them on. You are definitely a brave soul!

Wow, that's too bad that Trent didn't want to make or eat an ice cream cone on this trip. I hope scouts isn't ruined for him forever.

Way to go with the quilt!

michelle said...

HA! I can totally picture the whole Scout field trip, yikes. You are one brave woman.

Love the quilt!

Cracking up over Nutella being healthy. The commercials in France are always going on about how it gives you energy and has milk in it! Yeah, good thing it's so good for you because I looooove it.

shannon said...

I know I shouldn't be laughing, but I couldn't help picturing in my mind the whole DQ brawl! Things are always so intense with kids...

That quilt is a pillar of cozy goodness...I love the fabric you chose! The cowboy print is too cute!

Karrie said...

Sorry about the fiasco at DQ ...but it was all good in the end right. LOVE LOVE LOVE the cowboy quilt... Jack will to when he is away from home in Happy Valley and misses his mommy.

You get the award for most sewing projects completed during the summer break.

Kim Sue said...

mmmmmm, dairy queen - I wish we still had a dairy queen around here although I probably should be thankful because right now we would be making our own little field trip!

crystal said...

Nutella?.....good for you?.....woohoo!

I, too, am requesting a puffy quilt. I'm not going to college, though, so what do I have to do to earn one????