Monday, August 17, 2009

peace

My book club met last week to discuss this book:
The Anatomy Of Peace
resolving the heart of conflict
by the Arbinger Institute
This is one of the main reasons why I have not blogged consistently this past week. This book although not a page turner... was very interesting to me. Reading it has caused me to think deeply into myself. What justifications do I make in my life for what I do/don't do that I should do/not do?

It was difficult to read only because I don't embrace change or criticism.
(laughing here after writing this past sentence)
Not that it was pushing either... I just clearly needed to read & take in some of the concepts. I am not a deep thinker. I am a simple minded person. I'm not ashamed of this, but embrace it because sometimes I think the deep thinkers just get them selves into deep do do. But, this book was really good. It made me think & think & not blog. It is potentially life changing. Potentially- Old habits die hard, but I would like to think I have been changed for the better reading this book.
If you would like to read an excerpt- click here-

*Have you read this book?
*what did you think of it- of the excerpt?


4 comments:

Gail said...

Okay, I am going to read this book because I always read a book recommended by a friend.

Karrie said...

Was this post meant for me? I'm the most peacful person I know....are you laughing and peeing your pants now?

I may have to put this on my list

Jill said...

I'm very curious about this book now. I hope it ends up being life changing in a good way!

michelle said...

It sounds very interesting. Anything that helps us to confront self-deception can be potentially life-changing. And potentially upsetting as well!