Tuesday, August 4, 2009

double digits

Yesterday was a REALLY big day at our house!
Trent is now officially double digits--
10 years old
To celebrate- I made a list of a dozen possible guests & he circled six (all we could fit in the car) I hate limitations like this- but knew I would be the lone supervisor....
Anyhow- after 2 pta audits, a trip to target, dropping off & picking up the girls from piano, and my visiting teachers coming over- the kids showed up.
We piled into the van & headed to McDonald's!
I just couldn't think of something better that I could actually do this year-
I am feeling slight guilt here- Megan's tenth birthday we went to the Lion House, Brian had a huge breakfast party, Jack went skating & laser tag..... etc.
What can I say?
I love kid's birthday parties - they really are so fun for them. I set some limits before we got out of the car- and ya- everyone was great. Trent had a blast - but was so excited about presents he never did eat lunch. McDonald's ice cream machine was down--so we ran to get cones at Arctic Circle & ate them in the car on the way home... phrases like-
"hurry I need another napkin!"
& "you are going to have a big mess to clean up back here!"
had me scared- but it was all good.

Later at night we had a pizza party with marcus & brittany & brittany.
Trent- being 10 & all...
lit his own candles this year!!
He chose an Oreo Ice Cream cake made by dad- yea dad!
I had run out of time, making pizza & running chloe to her first ballet lesson of the new ballet year... crazy day.
What a great kid.

what a great family

We had a great time with the party blowers-
seeing who had the most control breathing in & out
You really missed out if you weren't here!
Trent is really lucky to have so many people who love him

and are willing to drive almost an hour to his birthday dinner- thanks guys!
We love you Trent!
yOU ARE tHE gREATEST dOUBlE dIGIt kID i KNoW
-HAPPY BIRTHDAY-

17 comments:

Karolynn said...

Sounds like a wonderful day for him and he looks so happy! Happy Birthday Trent!!

Marie said...

Happy Birthday Trent!!

Johnna said...

Wish we could have been there. Tell Trent I am glad he had a great b-day!

michelle said...

I never realized Trent and Lucas have birthdays so close together. Happy birthday, Trent!

She Loves To Make said...

I wish we could have been there! Looks like a blast! Happy birthday Trent!

Jill said...

That looks like a pretty great way to celebrate a 10th birthday! I thought Trent was 8...apparently I froze time for him after your baptism post.

Janae said...

Happy birthday Trent! Looks like a wonderful b-day and a great b-day dinner:)

Unknown said...

happy birthday, trent!

wende said...

could he be any cuter? seriously. we LOVE this kid! :) glad it was a great day, he deserves it!

by the way, no guilting on the party, he had a blast and that's all that counts! :)

Beth said...

What a fun birthday party with friends and family! Happy Birthday Trent... we LOVE you!!!

Kristy said...

Happy Birthday Trent!!! Thanks for inviting Jake to your party he had a ton of fun!! I like your shirt buddy!

Karrie said...

Happy Birthday a little late Trent.....you are the BEST!!! Do your friends know how lucky they are to be invited to your party?

Seriously Brett makes Birthday Cakes? Who knew?

Kim Sue said...

I bet Trent thought lunch with his friends {and presents} rocked....sometimes we just have to let go!

Holly said...

What a cool double digit kid you have!! And a cool party.

Happy (late) birthday Trent!!

Jill said...

It's been 2 days since you posted, should I be worried?

michelle said...

Patsy, I miss you!! Hope all is well.

shannon said...

Sounds like a great birthday!
I was feeling total guilt about Ellie's 5th this year...it was the epitamy of lameness, but she had fun, so I guess that's what matters most...I, too, enjoy kids birthdays, and put all this pressure on myself to make it the best ever! So when things don't measure up the way I think they should be, I feel trememdous guilt...

Oreo icecream cake! Holy yumness! I can't believe your husband made it!