Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Very Sad Day


I wasn't sure I could blog about this or not, but I have come to realize that blogging is very therapeutic for me. I haven't written about the stresses too much in my life so far- and some days there really are many. So here I go. Yesterday & today have been very sad at our house. While we were on vacation Jake had a very unfortunate incident-which I don't want to elaborate on- and we had to put him down. Brett spent the morning talking to everyone we could think of to find a way out of it-but it just had to be. To make it even worse Brett had an important meeting in Cleveland so he had to leave & I had to take care of it myself. Anyone who knows me knows I have never been a pet person, but somehow I fell in love with my Jake. He was a pain really- I guess when you serve someone you grow to love them more. He threw up a lot-he ran off constantly. Well, I loved him & it's a very sad day. The vet was so good with him & Brett insisted Brian go with me, which now I am very grateful for because I don't think I could have driven home.Anyhow, it was a lonely night with Brett away & no Jake on my bed.I always felt safer having Jake there when Brett was gone. We'll miss you Jake! As Jack said-"don't worry, he's having a good time jumping the pearly gates."

1 comment:

Beth said...

I am soooo sorry to hear about Jake. I know how much you guys love him. I remember when you first got him, I was so shocked you had gotten a dog, then our first visit to your house, I knew instantly why you had fallen in love with him. He was one of a kind. We will miss Jake.
Love ya, Beth