Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Pioneer Day 2007

Chloe & Caroline

Trent & Lily

Neighborhood Fireworks

Our "Mall With A Parking Lot"

I loved pioneer day when I was a kid.We always had a ward activity & picnic as far as I can remember.I remember having pioneer parades around the church building. We made shakers out of paper plates & beans, decorated our bikes & dressed like pioneers.My first year living in Utah I was really excited to be here for pioneer day. What a let down. There are no ward activities. There is the days of 47 parade & rodeo downtown, plus fireworks here & there but hey that's it.It is really a day for families, which is great unless you have no extended family here.I miss the old ward pot luck dinners & kids running amuck.
We still had a great day. Brett had the day off & we basically had a restful morning (Trent & I made this "mall with a parking lot" out of blocks then he knocked it down with a "wrecking ball") then we got lots done in the afternoon.Brett & Trent cleaned out the shed, which is now trent's second home.He wants to live there.Brett told him as long as he doesn't touch the gas can for the lawn mower he can pretend to live there all he wants.Tonight we had the Johnson's over for a BBQ, but we had to stay in because it rained.YES it was raining, not a lot but enough to bring us all in the house. I was so happy to see rain I didn't care one bit.Then our wonderful neighbors the Neumeyers were doing fireworks & let us all join in. We have the BEST neighbors.Now I wish I would've put together our own pioneer day potluck, parade, & activities.I really could've & so easily~ I wonder how many other families out there wished they had a potluck to go to~shoot I shouldv'e done it!(Mental note-next year put together pioneer day neighborhood activity)

No comments: