Thursday, October 1, 2009

october 09

1. what's my problem?
2. I am not blogging regularly.
3. maybe you do- maybe you don't- know....
4. I've debated it for years now-
5. telling the world that is, those who read- and there are just a few of you........
6. Gosh- I can't even type it.
7. I suffer from the "D" word.
8. I take meds for it.
9. But- have felt so overwhelmed this summer-
10. that last week I went back to the doctor (mostly because brett made me, man I love him)- with the symptoms that took me there years ago- to increase my dose.
11. I'm feeling much better already.
12. such as: not napping twice a day- or snapping at everyone like a gone crazy mad woman- or sitting playing computer games & not accomplishing anything...
13. I don't know why i need them?
14. I just know- I do. I am happy & grateful everyday for my over the top glorious blessings in this life. But I need them & I'm thankful they help me.
15. Now I am behind in everything.
16. and my better self cannot stand being behind on anything!
17. So, I am playing a little catch up.
18. My house looks like summer hit it.
19. I'm working on that & a load of Christmas projects.
20. of course, I've taken on more than I can probably handle.
21. But- busy- that's better for me.
22. On a different note.
23. It's FALL here now-
24. It came just in time!
25. Last Sunday was the Primary Program- the kids put on Sacrament meeting- this weekend it's Conference Weekend. My two favorite Sundays back to back!
26. I turned the heat on today
27. It rained all day yesterday.
28. I went with friends to a late movie last night (I never do that) & LOVED IT.
29. I went fabric shopping with a friend on Monday & fell in love with more fabric & want it all.
30. I went V.Teaching & took conference kits yesterday!
31. 21 more days until I meet my Grandson. Oh I just can't wait!! Yes- I am truly blessed.

6 comments:

Jill said...

I'm so glad Brett made you go to the doctor to up your dose. It's sad that there is a stigma with depression and medication for it, because it's an illness like everything else and we don't shame people for needing insulin or penicillin! I've been on Zoloft for 4 years and it has drastically changed my life for the better. When I think of all the years I spent feeling irrational and upset all the time it makes me so sad, I feel like I lost those years.

We had our primary program last Sunday too and I love having Conference weekend following it.

So "Love Happens" is a good movie?

Kristy said...

Last night was soooo much fun!!! I loved the movie to! We need to that more often.

It is finally October and baby time!! How exciting. You have a very busy 2 months ahead of you....make sure you let us all help out!

Beth said...

I am really proud of you! And Love you TONS!!!
Live, Love and Let the rest Go!!

BABY TIME!!! I can't wait to see pictures of him!!! Megan has been so cute pregnant!!

This will be a whirlwind couple of months coming up.. hang on and cherish the moments!

HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karrie said...

I think Utah has more than the national average for people taking mood altering meds. My theory is that it is because if you're LDS you can't drink and the rest of the world does and that is their way of dealing with the "D" word.

Your way is much better.

Kim Sue said...

I'm so glad you went [good for your husband for giving you a little push] and that a little adjustment makes you feel like a new person!

michelle said...

Patsy, I've been on depression meds for almost 16 years and I feel like they have saved my life! I still have times when I forget to take them for a few days, when my schedule is disrupted and such, and then I can feel it. As soon as I get back on track, I can cope with life again. I'm grateful for all of my many blessings, and I'm also grateful that I live in a time when this illness is recognized and there are treatments for it!

Hooray for getting the adjustment you needed. And hooray for new fabric!