Wednesday, October 21, 2009

hailey's sweet sixteen

I can't believe I am writing this post... but it's true- Hailey is
sixteen today!!!
She was born a in one of my favorite months, in the same hospital & town I was born in. We lived in WA at the time. I was delighted- as was megan- to have another little girl. (megan had been praying for a sister for years.
Because of my trip out East- we celebrated the big day the night before I left. The whole family & her best friend Tiffany went to dinner at her favorite restaurant- the Mandarin.
Even Jack was there- love that new haircut jack-

All of my kids & Brett have a major love of Chinese food- major. I myself like Chinese, but I'm a tex-mex girl all the way.

Trent was having a hard time- so I let him have the camera for a bit & this is what he came up with. Okay- there were some other random shots, but don't tell him, I deleted them.



Jack got into the act & decided to try out the new camera.
He likes it.
We couldn't resist & told our waitress it was Hailey's birthday celebration.
They sang & brought her dessert after our meal.



We went home & opened presents-
Her big present was just that- too big to wrap.






Most of you don't know- I haven't written about it- that Hailey is an amazing guitar player & song writer. She has been guitarless since jack took his to college. She plays the ukulele & she is unbelievable. She has written loads of songs & she & tiff sing together.
Seriously- I haven't written or recorded any of her songs because they are so great -I'm not being prejudice- and I am afraid they will get stolen.
After the baby, the missionary, Christmas... we are going to look into trying to get her published.
this is a long time coming
-Hailey & a guitar-
but it hasn't slowed her down one bit.
she is an amazing musician all around.
16 things- or more- I love about Hailey

1. She is so pretty.
2. She is so FUNNY.
3. She makes friends easily & is very loyal to her best friend Tiffany.
4. Her favorite color is Green.
5. She is very helpful & kind to her parents.
6. She is her own person with her own style & not afraid to be just that.
7. She plays the piano like you wouldn't believe. Right now besides Debussy she is working on some Gershwin- I love Gershwin.
8. She is taking the driver's test on MOnday-- AAAAAAH!!!!
9. she is a great driver- I can't wait to have her run errands for me.
10. She is a good student.
11. She is a Fabulous sister!
12. Her REal best friend- is Chloe.
13. She shares my middle name- Jane.
14. She gets my jokes.
15. She loves movies & Lost & Trauma & the Office & Ace of Cakes.
16. She doesn't like a lot of attention....
so if you see her today or have her phone number- call- text - leave a message- she will... love it.

13 comments:

Marie said...

Happy Birthday Hailey!!

Kristy said...

Happy Birthday Hailey!!! I can't wait to hear you play your new guitar!

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Happy Birthday Hailey! I love you!

Anonymous said...

I know this about Hailey's "day," but seriously, PJ, go back and look at those photos of me:
#4 - "@#$#$, I said pass the SALT!
#5 - "Oh man, too much pepper!"
#6 - "Take cover Chloe, I'm gonna blow."
#7 - "All better - #@$%$#!!"

B

Janae said...

Happy 16 Hailey! What a great daughter/sister/friend you are:)
wonderful post Patsy. i would love to hear Hailey play her new guitar:)

Beth said...

That's a big ukelele!

Uncle Jim will be thrilled!!! "Fender strat" sweeeeeeet!!!
I can't wait to hear her play!

Happy Birthday Hailey!!!

We Love you!!!!

Johnna said...

Happy Birthday Hailey! We love you!

Rachel said...

Holy cow, I can't believe she is 16 already! Do I remember right that the other kids wanted to name her Hannah after the baby in "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers"? I don't know why that is stuck in my memory, but it's there and it makes me smile :) So fun to see her all grown up now and so accomplished!

wende said...

amen to all the great things on your list! i love hailey. and i'm so excited to hear her play her guitar!

oh hailey, will you be my daughter in law? i love you that much!

Karolynn said...

Happy birthday Hailey! She is seriously one of my favorite people. Always is so sweet to me! Love her so much! She is so talented and beautiful!

Karrie said...

Happy Birthday Hailey....can yo write me a song on your new guitar? I would be so honored. You are such a cutie.

Kim Sue said...

she sounds like one amazing person and I know she is over this world excited about her very own guitar!

michelle said...

I love the Mandarin!

How cool to find out that Hailey is a songwriter! Playing acoustic guitar and writing my own songs would be a dream come true -- too bad I can't do either of those things... happy birthday Hailey!