Monday, September 28, 2009

lots of cream cheese frosting & a fish fry

I just can't let one more day pass me by without blogging about this past Saturday!
Besides being the missionary's birthday-
I was asked to make some mini cupcakes for a dinner held for the Stake Relief Society, just before the General Women's Conference broadcast. I was really glad to have a reason to make cupcakes even if the birthday boy was not going to get one.
The didn't ask for any particular flavor...
so I went all fall crazy & came up with these cuties!!
They are pumpkin cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting & YUm they were so good. I had never made them before- it was just an idea in my head- so I tested them out on the blogger moms during our creative Thursday. The blogger moms are great taste testers.
I had procrastinated buying the ingredients until Saturday morning- I had nothing else to do- then had to go to THREE STORES to find canned pumpkin. I was sweatin' it, I tell ya!
But it was worth it since I found this little cutie at the last store's bakery.
BYU won their game- we won't talk about last week's game- that was Bogus.
NoW i have a bunch of BYU cupcake ideas floating around in my head.
Later it was time to go to the dinner/broadcast & realized I didn't have anyone to go with... I knew I would know people there... but I started to feel like a seventh grader without a locker partner... I got up my courage- what a wuss- and went anyway. It was a great conference & yes I found friends- feewwww.
The best part of the day happened seconds after I got home!
I walked in the door & the phone rang-
It was trent
he told me to come outside-
He & Brett had just driven up. They had gone to a pond a few miles from our house & HOORAY- LOOk At that FAce. Ya- HE was walking on air--- but refusing to touch it.
After a day of working in the yard, Brett was such a good sport & took Trent fishing. they have been a couple of times this summer with no luck. Trent had been bugging him to go- that kid has amazing nagging skills- so they headed off & happy day- finally caught one!
During church on Sunday, Trent knew jack was coming so he had his eyes pealed on the chapel doors, jack was running late & trent had the camera in his hands to show jack as soon as he got there. It was so cute. Jack was thrilled for him.

so it was a busy day & hopefully a good one for the missionary

14 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

Those cupcakes turned out adorable! I can't believe Trent caught a fish--I bet he was so excited. It's a pretty good sized one too! haha I love how Trent brought the camera to church to show Jack.

Kristy said...

The cupcakes turned out so dang cute and I know how yummy they are!! You will have to show me how to make them next time.....I guess I should have pd attention on Thursday!!!

WOOHOO for Trent catching a fish!! That is awesome!

Janae said...

The cupcakes look perfect! I love the pumpkin on top:)
hope the missionary had a great day!
Congrats to Trent on a very nice looking fish.

Jill said...

Your cupcakes are adorable! I love cream cheese frosting on anything, though I'm not keen on pumpkin (though most normal people are), but what a great idea.

Congratulations to Trent on his big catch and to you for going to the broadcast without a locker partner!

crystal said...

I will swing by at 4pm to pick up my cupcakes. Thank you.

Kim Sue said...

cute.cute.cute!

Marie said...

Way to go Trent! Those cupcakes looked great!!

Karrie said...

OMG I loved those cupcakes...no wonder I thought of them when trying to decide what to serve at the Leadership training. You are the best!!!

I want to see how you cook the fish...way to go Trent

wende said...

oh, i'm salivating. i will be your trial cupcake taster ANY TIME!

you are a cupcake genius. the end.

ps i LOVE the pumpkins on those tiny ones. i think i would like to pop one into my mouth right now thank you very much. yum.

Beth said...

The cupcakes are darling! I can't wait to see your next creation!

Wow! Great fish Trent!

Happy Birthday to the missionary, he sounded too busy to even notice it in his letter home. I guess that is good, he sounds wonderful. I don't want the letters to stop though! So uplifting and thought provoking.

Jack looks great too! I can't believe he is next!! I love missionaries!!

Jocko said...

nice fish trent

Holly said...

I'd like to order a dozen of those darling pumpkin cupcakes please!

Trent & the fish made me giggle. :)

Karolynn said...

Darling cupcakes! Everyone was loving them! I wished I could have had one... Darn diet. That is an awesome fish. Trent looks so proud!

michelle said...

Okay, you are officially a cupcake genius!! Mad skillz. I would like a cupcake lesson sometime -- mine always come out flat and not very cute.

Max started eating fish shortly after he started catching fish. Now it's his favorite food in the world!