Monday, October 19, 2009

why has it been so long...?

I know-- it's been nearly a week since I've been here.
Oh, I've been reading my blog list daily- you can bet that's a habit that can't be broken.
But I haven't posted.
I've been busy getting ready.
Getting ready for tomorrow.
Tomorrow is a big day for me.
REALLy BiG.
I'm flying out to Megan's house & then WEdnesday-
she is going to have a baby.
Yep- He's almost here.
I can't believe it! My baby is having a baby- what?
I've been making & freezing casseroles- sewing & sewing- cleaning for apparently no reason (it's already undone)- making cub scout plans for my substitute- doing laundry- getting ready for Hailey's birthday (she's turning sweet 16 this week!)
....... and worrying my head off.
My sister told me once-
"that the only thing harder than being in labor, is knowing your daughter is in labor."
Ya- I'm figuring that out.
I feel so blessed that she wants me to be there.
It's a dream come true- but I can't help worrying.
I guess it's the mom in me.
Soon, she will understand.

7 comments:

Gail said...

This is so exciting! You will be the best grandma ever. Best Wishest to Megan for an easy delivery and fast recovery and a beautiful, healthy baby.

wende said...

oh my gosh. my heart is racing already! i can't wait to meet him!

good luck with everything, and good luck to megan too!

love ya!

-wende

Anonymous said...

Oh so exciting! Good luck to her and you and just wow!

Jill said...

Oh my goodness!! I can't believe this big week is already here, plus Hailey is turning 16, wow! You've got so many milestones happening right now it must be hard to focus!

Kristy said...

Happy sweet 16 Hailey!!!

I can't wait to see pictures of the new little guy!! Hope all goes well!
:)

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Good luck to all of you...grandma, mom, baby, dad, grandpa, the dog....and of course, Trent, in your absence.

michelle said...

Oh, what your sister said -- I bet that is SO true. My grandma once told me that when her youngest first became pregnant, a little corner of her heart broke. Not because she wasn't thrilled for her, but because she knew what her daughter could not yet know -- all that she would face -- pregnancy, labor and delivery, and most of all, motherhood.

I am so not ready for all of that!

You ARE going to be the rockin coolest grandma around!