Thursday, October 8, 2009

seriously- there's nothing going on here...

So- my lack of blogging is just because there is nothing to say...
Until yesterday when I had the thrill of dropping the dogs off at the groomer.
(hello, that was sarcasm)

The grungy mutts were dropped off & I ran downtown to do a little shopping!

I wanted to get this
but they were sold out.... dang- that apple is so cute!
I ended up getting an orange apron with an embroidered pumpkin on it.
happiness


On the way home I couldn't help myself-
I stopped off at Tulie Bakery & in honor of Michelle
bought one of these...

HolY COW!!!
It was so good- It was buttery & crunchy on the outside & sweet & moist on the inside with almond flavoring... oh my. I was only going to have a bite... I ate half then called my sweetheart & offered to bring him half at his office. He didn't even act excited & could care less about the best ever croissant of my life. What? I took it home & ate the rest a couple of hours later. He was not croissant worthy- no, no, I do not get excited about all baked goods- this was exceptionally fantastic & we are going back- me & some bakery enthusiastic person.


On a positive note:
I am still working on Christmas projects & slowly making progress. I wish I could post them all over the place. I am so happy about how my projects are turning out!

Another positive note:
some bloggers are meeting for a creative day here today!
YEs- something to blog about

Another positive note:

did you see nie nie on Oprah!!!? she was gorgeous & inspiring & I love her for making me feel like being a better wife & mom. Hooray for NiE!


** are you a bakery enthusiast?

8 comments:

Kristy said...

Nie Nie was awesome on Oprah and she looked so beautiful! She so inspiring!

One day we all need to go visit that yummy bakery!

I need to get my butt in the shower so I can't make it to creative day today!

Jill said...

You're so much nicer (and thinner) than I am for offering Brett the other half of that tasty pastry!

I'm so impressed that you're working on Christmas projects. I haven't even started thinking about Christmas yet.

I hope you'll document your Creative day!

She Loves To Make said...

Too bad the pie molds were all sold out! Those are just the cutest things I have ever seen. Williams-Sonoma comes up the the most adorable things possible.
That croissant looks fantastic! I wish I could be there to go with you...I consider myself a bakery enthusiast :)

crystal said...

So much to say!

1. "Croissant-worthy!" HA! You know your Seinfeld, dear friend.

2. I cancelled our tv, but now I'm MAD because Oprah doesn't seem to be on Hulu. I've been dying since Wednesday to see it!!! What I'm getting at is: I'm coming over to your house to watch on your tivo. Sorry--consider yourself warned that you have a stalking in your future.

You think I'm kidding, don't you?...

3. I have never heard of Tulane, but rest assured that I will hunt this place down and indulge myself on my free day. wahoo!

Beth said...

pick me... pick me... I am worthy, I will go with you!!! Then we can each eat half of everything and not feel guilty!! ha

Christmas? It's only October and don't you have babies and missionaries coming? What is with all the balance and organization... your making me look bad again, you know how I feel about that!! jk.. you go girl!

Beth said...

Okay who is Nie Nie? I didn't want to admit I had no idea when I read it on your blog, until I had time to go watch the show on Oprah.com... but I can't find anything on this person? Inspiring... I need that... tell me who it is and where to find them to get inspired!

Karrie said...

What yummy food!!!

I loved seeing Nie Nie on Oprah too...she is very inspiring.

I felt a little let down thought I wanted Oprah to get into the WHY she is so incredible...her strong testimony and belief in the LDS Church...do you think Oprah wanted to play that down?

michelle said...

I was sad that I couldn't see Nie Nie on Oprah. So nice that she is getting some recognition for all that she is and has done.

Hello, I consider myself the #1 bakery enthusiast! I'm so excited that you had an almond croissant and loved it!!