Tuesday, February 10, 2009

family night

In an effort to keep up with my goals this year, plus to get back on track after a not so spiritual Sunday- we had a great family night last night. The lesson:

Putting on the Whole Armor of God

from an old FHE lesson I made when Megan & Brian were little.
Those lessons & my little FHE club- have proved to be worth all the effort over & over!!
Some friends & I- 10 of us, if I remember right? Would meet every ten weeks & exchange lessons we had made & put into manilla folders. Everyone would make 10 identical lessons then when you went home-- you had 10 different lessons. I love these lessons. They bring back so many memories of Family nights & good times. We have used them so many times! Sometimes I forget that Trent & Chloe need them too- they were too young or not around to hear a lot of them. We got out of the habit of truly meaningful Family nights when Trent was younger-(it was so hard, we still did it but sometimes quickly & always interrupted... severely interupted to put it lightly) We still have interuptions- it's still not easy- not everyone wants to be there- or participate...
But it does help to have great treats!!
I found the recipe here
they look really great in my thrift store find-
50 cent fancy dessert cups!!

*HOoRay for Thrift Store finds*

7 comments:

Jill said...

I was part of an FHE packet exchange group when my kids were tiny and I have been really glad to have all those great lessons done. Even though we don't use them that often for Family Home Evening now, I still go to them when I need help with Sharing Time or church lessons. They're a great resource.

wende said...

super cutie cups! when did you find those? i defintely need a set! chloe is so dang cute.

Beth said...

Love the cups... maybe I should go searching for great dessert cups, because I am horrible at doing treats for family night. So sad, be often just go without!

I know!!!! (it's amazing they keep showing up for them at my house without treats huh)

shannon said...

You Utah girls are so tre' talented and clever. My sister-in-law included me in on her ward's FHE packet project, so I have several of those folders. They've been so great to have on file.

Love those thrift store dessert cups! Have a mentioned how much I love thrift stores??? Not everyone shares our passion!

Janae said...

OK...way cute dessert! That looks like the ultimate Valentine dessert:)
I love the FHE idea...I was never in such a group...what a great idea though!

michelle said...

Those lessons are a great resource for sure. I have a lesson on that topic where I made "fiery darts" with velcro on them and the person is made of felt. Wherever they don't have the armor of God, the fiery darts can get through and stick. Always a favorite around here.

Good treats improve any activity!

Karrie said...

I love the dessert cups...what a great find.

I need some of the FHE lessons for here always a struggle.