Wednesday, February 11, 2009

things I have learned this week & the last couple of weeks---

* whenever cleaning the bathroom- don't set the lysol spray next to the hairspray.
* my head is now 99.9% germ free.
* I live in a zoo- (I supposed it was a good thing to spray myself- at least I didn't disappear?!)
* just when I think my puppy is potty trained...
I always step in it.
* missing church is not good for the soul.
* winter blues linger with me no matter how good my-
before winter blues set in- intentions.
* snow & ice is better than rain & mud any day - if you have two dogs.
* or a hyper nine year old boy.
* wiping dogs feet all day long is my job, whether I like it or not.
* I would rather clean the painted floor than change it- so I am not going to complain about it anymore.
* after reading michelle's post on progress--- I wish I would've picked a new word of the year. I've been thinking about that post ever since.
* I can try again- I bought Another pedometer yesterday. $4.99 at target. My third. The first one trent broke... the second broke when I fell & broke my ankle.
* I really love a snowy day~ really love it- maybe even more than my old favorite... the rainy day! this surprises me.
* sending good mail is better than getting it (kind of- in a different way?)
* I sent 5 packages & 7 pieces of good mail already this week- so I know these things.
* creative thursdays always seem farther away than just one week.
* it's important to me & I think to the human soul to have something in life to look forward to.
* there is a group of older gentlemen who meet at Target every morning to drink coffee & talk. I LOVE seeing them. I think they must be happy- especially since they wear cowboy hats.
* Next time I am there early I am going over & talking to them.
* seeing an older gentlemen with a Korean War Vet hat on makes me teary, happy & proud.
* saying hello & thanking him for his service & telling him my dad was there too- priceless.
* I have a serious sugar & chocolate addiction.
* the worst part- I don't want to be cured...

14 comments:

Janae said...

I am sorry to be laughing at your 99.9 percent germ free head! K~ too funny...I am glad you didn't get it in your mouth or anything though:)
Great list..I have the same addiction and still love my pedometer:)

Johnna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Johnna said...

I love it! I laughed so hard I had to leave the room! Have a great day Sis. I love you....

Kristy said...

I will sure to sit by you tomorrow and smell your germ free hair! Maybe it will repel germs for your whole body!! (I admit I did laugh about that)

There is a group of men that meet at Smith's too....they call themselves "God's waiting room". I think that is cute! Maybe when we are older we can meet for a diet coke at Target.

Service people make me cry.....I guess it hits too close to home with my Dad serving and dying so young from that service.

shannon said...

Patsy!...You are so cute! I love every one of these observations. They are so random and witty...I thoroughly enjoyed reading this!

I'm with you on several things...
1. michelle's post!--my word was balance and it's stupid! I've done everything in my life lately to be off balance and I'm frustrated that I'm failing so miserably!

2. I agree that it is important to always have something to look forward to...I must have something to look forward to everyday--most of the time lately, it's just food.:(

3. So cute about the guys that meet at Target for coffee...having you talk to them would be the biggest highlight of their week (maybe even month) for sure!

4. I am so hooked on sugar!--and I have no intention of stopping either!

Jill said...

The thought of your disinfected hair do is too funny to me. Did the smell drive you crazy all day or did you have to take another shower and start over? I would have had to start over.

I would NOT be happy about wiping muddy dog paws. My messy entryway is bad enough because of the kids.

You can still choose a word for the year, it doesn't have to happen in January!

Hooray for all the good mail you've been sending, that's awesome! Do you need more labels? I can hook you up.

I need a new pedometer too. I've had two over the years, one from Claudia and one from Amie and both are broken now. I wasn't sure where to find one, but Target you say?

You haven't been documenting your Creative Thursdays very much, I want to see more.

jakenapril said...

your posts are always so amazing, patsy. thanks. and i've seen those gentlemen at target too...and my heart just fills with gratitude when i see them. and i love that you don't want to be cured...because you are you that is truer than true (dr. seuss)

Becky said...

Patsy! This is the best post ever :)

The Lysol is so funny...I'll probably have to share with my husband--lol

I have such good intentions with good mail and it has really been nagging at me...but I haven't done anything yet so I am impressed by your large output.

Enjoy your snowy weather!

Beth said...

I just love this post... it was so neat to read.

I live the muddy dog paws too, but not on painted floors. You always know how to spice everything up a notch.

I high five you on trying again with the pedometer... so hard to start again. Good job!

I really want a creative thursday... I keep trying to get at least one a month on my calendar, it's not working yet. But I am not giving up!

I bet the men at Target would let you do a self portrait with them. What a great picture to print on a veterans day card for your Dad. They will say yes, and love that you stopped to talk to them. I love seeing those guys in the veteran hats makes me cry, happy and proud too.

I have the sugar addiction too, I was so relived to read that you don't want to be cured! Whew, I am not a weirdo with no self control... someone else out there can relate!

I love you Sis!

wende said...

i LOVE those cowboys at target! every time i've seen them they are laughing hard about something and it always makes me smile. what a cute bunch.

your lists are always fantastic patsy, i love reading your fun blog. YOU are a great writer!

as crazy i am, i've never really worried about germs in my hair. if i do get to that point, i'll know excactly what to do! :)

Karolynn said...

You are so creative! How is your hair? Did it all wash out ok? If not let me know and I will bring some special shampoo over for you to use. Totally something I would do! I notice old men meeting at McDonalds too. I love how they gather. I wonder how long they have been friends etc.. I also wonder if I will have old lady friends at that point in my life that will meet me for breakfast. CUTE!

michelle said...

I love this post, Patsy.

I'm feeling rather astonished that my little bits of progress are inspiring you! wow.

Sending good mail is always a good feeling.

I hate hate hate muddy dog paws, too. I'm always glad when the ground is frozen and I don't have to wipe paws.

I'm glad you're staying with the painted floor. I've always wanted one of those!

I am loving the mental picture of the guys meeting at Target. I second the request for a self-portrait of you with them!

Karrie said...

I love this list and that you have very germ free hair...it looked extra good to day...must have been the new lysol hairspray.

Lula said...

I love the hole lysol thing and i can sooo relate. I pick up my mom's denture cream one early morning and brushed my teeth with it. She is now exiled to the kids bath room when sh comes for a vesit.