Sunday, February 15, 2009

annual Valentine dinner-

It's tradition at our house to have a special Valentine's day dinner as a family.
I always try to make something really fancy & decorate.
It's a lot of fun.This year- with Valentine's day being on a Saturday- we had our dinner today after church.
It wasn't the same.
We didn't have balloons on each chair & the food was good, but not fancy. I made manicotti with asparagus & french bread. My kids LOve asparagus. We did have special drinks & a fancy dessert.
I guess it just wasn't the same because...
I AM SICK AGAIN!
-dang it-

I got a cold just after Christmas that lasted for weeks then turned into a sinus infection, went on antibiotics for that & they didn't work- long story shorter- I'm on a new dose of stronger antibiotics plus a decongestant. I've missed church two weeks in a row now.
I made the manicotti - then layed down for a second- next thing I knew everyone was coming home from church so they helped with the rest of dinner.
it feels like someone parked a truck on my face.
Brett said last night that my face is a little swollen just above my cheek bones. I have sneezed over 1000 times which is followed by a quick run to the bathroom before I pee my pants. Sometimes I don't make it.
I want to know-
if I pee my pants when I sneeze can I stop having zits now?
It just doesn't seem right to have both issues
I'm wondering if Sundays will ever be the same?

11 comments:

shannon said...

Oh Patsy...I'm sorry that you're sick!

What a trooper you were to make a special Valentines dinner even though you feel like crud...It sounds delicious.

I chuckled at the whole "peeing your pants and zits" comment...
What a cruel twist of fate it is to be a mother...

My mom knows a lady (she just visited her today in fact) who's almost 103 years old...she's as sharp as a tack, has no hearing issues, no zits, I don't think she wets her pants :)...Her secret?...she's never had any kids and her husband died 25 years ago.

The crazy thing is...is that I don't envy her in the least bit...I'll take the pimples and the wet pants if that's what comes with the blessing of having a family.

Hope you start feeling better soon...Is it a good thing that
everyone will be home from school tomorrow?

Gail said...

I'm sorry you are sick. When the mom is sick it is hard on the whole family. hopefully the new antibiotic will do the trick and you will be back at it in a day or two.

Kristy said...

Looks like a yummy dinner! I hope you are feeling better....hopefully you can get some rest.

Karrie said...

Great dinner especially if you are sick...no fun! Hope you feel better soon!

Amie said...

You are good to make dinner sick... The weekend Valentines Day threw me for a loop...I didn't do very well.

I hope you are feeling better!

Cecilia said...

Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear that you're sick!

You made a lot of things for being sick and all, your family is so lucky to have you.

I hope you feel better soon!

wende said...

your dinner looks absolutely lovely. manicotti IS fancy dinner! and that dessert - i think we need a recipe on the cooking blog! but only when you're feeling better. i hate those darn sinus infections!

and i'm with you on the peeing your pants AND zits. i have the same problem. i need my body to choose already - old lady or teenager?

Jill said...

Your Valentine dinner looks great.

I'm so sorry you're sick again, what is going on?!

Karolynn said...

I hope you are feeling much better today! It will be great to see you back at church Sunday! Your Valentines dinner looked so great! You have a lucky family! Congrats to Jack about BYU!!!

Janae said...

I am hoping the new meds have kicked in and you are doing better today! You get double gold stars for still doing your Val. dinner when feeling so sick! The dessert looks very yummy:)

michelle said...

Your question about peeing your pants and having zits made me laugh out loud. Seriously. I hope you're feeling completely well by now (I'm so behind)!