Sunday, October 12, 2008

mmmmm- great food on a saturday

Yesterday was a great day- one of those Saturdays where you don't get much done, but have fun doing it. We slept in- even TRENT- thanks to the dark dreary weather. I think I can count on one hand all the times he has ever slept past 8:00 AM. Actually I think I could do the same for Brett. Chloe had to be at ballet twice. Once for her regular class, and once for program pictures. The Nutcracker is coming!! (If you are a local - call or email me for ticket information- it sells out every year.) We went out for breakfast. I think people in heaven go out to breakfast on Saturday mornings. They eat bacon (extra crisp) with scrambled eggs & hash browns & gravy. I think they drink hot cocoa with whipped cream too. Oh ya & they don't gain any weight.... ya that's my kind of heaven. Brett & I ran errands in the snow- yep snow & rain most of the day. He is such a gentleman. He dropped me off at each stop so I wouldn't have to hobble through the muck, then he even waited in the cutting line at the fabric store while I shopped!! This guy is a STUD. Thanks sweetie :)
Jack went to the BYU game- it didn't snow like forcasted & we won! GO COUGS :)

(cream cheese won tons & tempura vegetables)
Saturday night our friends the Fujikawas invited us over for Japanese food. OH MY GOSH!! Fabulous food, fabulous time- thanks Kristy & Kelly. It was a lot of work & so very nice of them.
(teriyaki stir fry)
(Tempura shrimp- oh my goodness!)
We were having such a great time & didn't notice how late it was getting. That is... until Hailey called & let me know she was going to, "pull Trent's head off & stick it up his..." -Ya we had to hurry home. Teenagers are so much fun. Luckily we made it home in time before any real damage was done.
My sleep in late, throw on sweats, run errands in the rain, don't put any make up on, dirty ol' sweatshirt, self is not in the photo. It was a great day.

13 comments:

michelle said...

That Japanese food looks like a feast!! Just looking at the photos is making my mouth water.

Hooray for husbands who chauffeur you around and wait at the fabric table. They are a rare breed.

Unknown said...

snow...

it was 74 here today, slightly overcast. looking at that tempura seriously made my mouth water. mmmmm.

Kristy said...

Thanks for coming over we had a fun night!

Kelly hates to run errands with me.....Brett is way nice!

Karrie said...

The food was the best....I had stir fry for lunch today....good even as leftovers.

THANKS KRISTY & KELLY!!!

Jill said...

That sounds like a perfect Saturday! I love going out to breakfast, and really love getting hot chocolate with whipped cream on top except that the mugs are so small and I always drink it too quickly.

That food looks so good!

She Loves To Make said...

Wow that food looks awesome! I hope Kristy puts all of those recipes on blogger mom's cook!!!

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

That food looks really good...

wende said...

it was such a fun evening. rich and i were SHOCKED when we got in the van and the clock said 10:30!! seriously, time flies when you're having fun!

Kim Sue said...

WOW at how YUMMY that Japanese food looks - that is a serious table full of food!

crystal said...

A man who'll stand in the fabric line is a catch indeed.

THAT is my kind of gathering, with what looks like 52 liters of Diet Coke.

I had a cozy, lazy Saturday too. Love it! Yay for winter!

Karolynn said...

I love Chloe's makeup! She is a really neat YW! The food looks great and to top it off they even had coke. You all sure know how to have a party!

Janae said...

What an awesome night we had:) Thanks to Kristy and Kelly:)
I am glad you had a great Saturday!
Saturdays are always better spent with a hubby:)

Stacie said...

OK! My mouth is watering!! I want your recipes for the cream cheese wontons (I order them at any chinese restaurant we eat at) and your tempura (I love tempura anything!)! Looks yummy!!

I am serious! I want your recipes!!