Tuesday, October 21, 2008

happy bithday hailey~ 15!!!

{Hailey at G & G's house, we celebrated early with a DQ ice cream cake log- mmm}
15 things I *heart* about Hailey...
1. she is so cute :)
2. she is a very popular bbsitter- with some people- inside joke- she doesn't put up with crap & that can be a problem with other people... :)
3. she thinks I'm funny & loves to hear me sing my songs
4. she plays the piano & it's amazing!! Plus I never have to ask her to practice!! what in the world? truly remarkable & unheard of- trust me. Don't go beating your kid because they won't practice- she's the only one- maybe in the whole universe....?
5. when I buy her piano books at the music store the clerks always comment on how lucky I am to have a child who can play such difficult pieces- ain't that the truth!!!
6. she makes friends easily & has a lot of them.
7. she still likes to be home & doesn't always have to be with friends.
8. she is a great big & little sister- it's tough being a middle child!
9. she is nice to people
10. when someone is lying or being mean she stands up to them- wow- kind of scary at 15 & in jr. high?
11. she walks home everyday with her little sis. from school.
12. she has a beautiful voice even though she doesn't like to share it... she is in madrigals this year. I can't wait to see them perform.
13. she reads her scriptures everyday & stops in the seminary after school to say hi to her teacher & chat. i bet he loves that.
14. she has a great sense of humor & tonight when I jokingly said- I knew she wasn't a complete loser & that she could actually clean her room! she laughed then asked- what kind of mom are you????
15. She is so much fun to be around- and She's A GOOD DRIVER- yep she drove a bunch on dirt roads in Cody this past weekend because... she is now eligible to get her driver's permit in the state of Utah- watch out people!!
I LOVE YOU HAILEY- HAPPY BIRTHDAY

12 comments:

Kristy said...

Happy Birthday Hailey!!! You are an awesome young women! I love your sense of humor and how you are always willing to help out! I wish I could play the piano like you...maybe in another life! Have a great birthday!!!

Kari Sweeten said...

Hailey was always one of my favorites!! I had a blast being her primary teacher and her activities days leader. I can't believe she is 15! Happy Birthday Hailey!!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Hailey!!!

We love you and hope your birthday is wonderful, fabulous, and special for you!

Don't forget you get to celebrate all week and weekend long... tell Mom I said so. That means a pass on cleaning your room the whole time too!!!
he he he

Johnna said...

Happy Birthday Hailey!
Hope you have an great birthday!

Aunt Johnna & Uncle Clyde

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Happy Birthday Hailey! I love and miss you! I hope today is great for you...

michelle said...

What a great list. I love that she is social and has friends yet likes being at home with family as well -- that can be rare among teenagers! And she walks home with her little sister, so cute.

Max loves to practice cello and doesn't have to be reminded, but piano is a different story... lucky mom.

She Loves To Make said...

I love Hailey! We're excited for dinner on Sunday!

Stacie said...

I can't believe she is 15! I am freaking out Maddie turns 12 next month!! :)

Karrie said...

Hey I'm excited for dinner Sunday too...what are we having? JK Hailey everything your Mom said is true only I would add she is also nice to her Mom's friends and she has really pretty eyes! Happy Birthday Hailey!

wende said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAILEY GIRL! you are just the nicest teenager i know and i'm not even scared that you can drive now...i know you'll be so responsible!

i wish i could play the piano like you, ok i wish i could play the piano half as good as you! then i would be awesome.

you're such a great girl hailey!

Janae said...

Happy Birthday Hailey! Long ago Hailey was our most favorite babysitter:) my girls always loved for her to come.
I would love to come to a concert and get to hear her sing.
I loved your list Patsy and getting to know Hailey better! What a great girl you have:)

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Hailey!! I started counting down the days until I turned 16 as soon as I turned 15, so every morning I was like "Only 276 days until I'm 16!" My poor parents.

Hailey sounds like an excellent girl who is very well-adjusted and mature for her age. What a gift to know who you are and what you like and to be confident enough to stand up for others!