Monday, October 20, 2008

Cody trip october 08

Last Wednesday after school & an early therapeutic day- we packed up the fam & headed to Cody, Wyoming.
{notice jack reading the literary masterpiece- Calvin & Hobbes}
Brett grew up in Cody- grandma & grandpa are still there- it's a beautiful place. I remember specifically telling my dad I would never marry two things 1. a man from Idaho (what was that about?) 2. a cowboy. Well, I didn't- the cowboy thing skipped a generation & now I have two cowboy sons. Guess what? I love it.

On the way up we saw these- gorgeous- windmill energy thingys. They are new to me, I haven't been up here for a couple of years. There were dozens of them not far from the Utah border. I'm not sure how they work but they are mesmerizing & pretty. I wonder if anyone gets into car accidents watching them?We didn't drive into town until midnight & not out to Brett's parents until 15-20 minutes later. The harvest moon was amazing & made me wish I had a new camera! This is a crappy shot- at one point it seriously took up the sky & looked like we would drive under it. I've never seen the moon so breathtaking I wish I could've documented it- trust me I tried.

Mom & Dad live up the South Fork.
The views are breath taking from their home. Over the four days we were there we saw hundreds of deer, even more antelope, horses, cows, loads of country dogs, geese migrating (boy are they squawky), the fox that lives in their field & wild cottontail bunnies that sleep in their shed. Max was in heaven.{who's watching who?}
It is hunting season- run Bambi run!!

Can you even imagine living in such a pretty place? Brett didn't appreciate it when he was a teen. They moved here as he started high school. Not an easy time to move.This is the view from the back porch.
This is down the lane.

Tomorrow is hailey's birthday- I have a million things to do to catch up around here.
I just had to get some of these pictures up anyway!

Grandpa's horses
The Buffalo Bill Historical Center
The Cody Mural
A drive into town
Grandma's house

...and more to come.

7 comments:

Johnna said...

It is beautiful. I hope you had an enjoyable time getting out of town.....

Kristy said...

Pretty pictures.........I am glad you got away and relaxed for a few days! Good luck with tomorrow!

wende said...

beautiful, i especially love the one of the mailboxes put together. you should frame that one for jill.

i'm glad you had such a great time. i love that you get a headache from too much quiet! :)

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Gorgeous! It was nice to see pictures of it after hearing about it for so many years...

michelle said...

Huh. I never knew Wyoming could be pretty! Love the photos. (I've always enjoyed those wind farms as well.)

Janae said...

Great pictures:)
It really does look like a beautiful place to live.

Jill said...

I love all your photos! The mailboxes, the deer (who look like they posed just for you, so attentive), the windmills and so on.