Wednesday, October 22, 2008

grandpa's horses

Riding Grandpa's horses is always something the kids
really look forward to on a trip to Cody.The men saddled up the horses for a windy ride.I wonder what Max was thinking? Bandos used to live at our house- I think he's definately the family favorite.
We miss him, but lets face it- horses= lots of work!

Except for the photos with her in them- Chloe took all of these!
Isn't this one - of the horse shoes- great?!

Someday Trent will be big & strong enough to help with the saddles too.

For now- he was begging Grandpa to let him take off on Bandos...

It's a good thing Grandpa is smarter than that.

Poor Hailey had a cold & wasn't feeling great-
I'm not sure she rode at all?
Fun times!

8 comments:

michelle said...

What fun!

I'm reading Ride the Wind right now and learning how much the Comanche knew about horses, how they could stand up while riding or even hang underneath the horse while it was galloping! It kind of makes me wish I was as comfortable on a horse as that.

Anonymous said...

how fun, I love riding horses! and btw, did you know my mom has a blog now??? she has joined us addicts;)

Karrie said...

My girls all wish we had a grandpa with a horse...they all love them and have taken riding lessons...Mariah would love to ride anytime Jack wants to take her.

Kristy said...

How fun to ride horses!!! In my other life I live on ranch, ride horses and am married to a cowboy!!! Just kidding but I can dream!

Kim Sue said...

I love the pic of your dog stretched WAY out curious about what is going on behind the fence but from a safe distance just in case.

Janae said...

Great photos! This looks like a perfect day with Grandpa:)

wende said...

we are wishing we had a grandpa with horses too. what an awesome day - and great photos chloe!

Jill said...

The scenery looks beautiful, what a fun thing to do for UEA.

I think Chloe's got some good photography skills.