Monday, October 27, 2008

lunch with megan

Friday is Megan's day off from work & school. We met up at Gardner Village & had so much fun!
Megan had never been to G.Village- Unbelievable- since I love it so much.
{isn't she beautiful?!}
I had my camera set on tela photo on accident when I took our self portrait & got this. I am putting it up anyway because.... I love it. :)

Lunch was fantastic & look at the gorgeous Fall/Halloween decorations. It was packed with people, but so worth the trip, and so much fun to be with Megan. The weather has been truly perfect here the past few weeks & we are looking at record highs for Halloween! I am so thrilled to have an extra long Fall. I always take the weather personal... (I'm crazy... but I do)- so thank you to the heaven's above- we are loving it!

I hope we get to spend more Fridays together before she leaves.
She is graduating with her Associates degree & Tony with his Bachelor's in December then they are off to Bentonville. I hope we go to visit soon!

Last night she & tony came up for Hailey's official birthday dinner.
Did I take a picture... of course not %$#@^*
But I did get a picture of these babies:
(I promise to put the recipe on blogger moms cook this week)
Homemade donuts.
I make them every year & hand them out to trick or treaters
except
this year I'm not doing it.
After sitting around for weeks & just now getting mobile with the whole ankle drama, I am seriously trying to psych myself up for a diet... right before the holidays??
I just know that standing over eight batches of fried dough & powdered sugar is not what I need right now. So I opted to make one batch, & do it for Hailey's day.
so sorry local trick or treaters. I'm sure the bowls of chocolate will be just as tempting. I don't know who I'm trying to fool- but I'm trying to be good or at least better.
That's something right?

Have you ever been to G.V.?
what's your favorite store?

15 comments:

Johnna said...

I am glad that you got to spend some time together. It is so differnt now huh?

love you sis,

Karolynn said...

I am glad that she was able to visit. Yes she is absolutely beautiful! I love GV during the fall. I need to take the kids before they take down the witches. My Moms family has a house that they donated for one of the shops. My favorite is the candy shop! Homemade donuts, I knew I should have taken the kids up your street and now it is too late. I don't think I have ever had a homemade donut. I can't wait for the recipe.

Kristy said...

I was looking forward to the donuts we have never had them before. The donuts look really yummy...we will just have to wait until next year to try them.

I love Gardner village.....I love the shops and the yummy food!

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Those donuts look delicious!

She Loves To Make said...

Gardner village was SO FUN! I'm trying to get Heather to go with me this week, I know she'd love it. I had so much fun with you! I'm glad we went.

Beth said...

Megan is so beautiful!

(what a great shot... I accidently do that same thing from time to time with mine, only it's always a very unflattering close up of a zit on my face, or unsightly shot up my nose and I delete it faster than lightning!!! nicely done)

I am druling over the donuts!! I don't need them, but I think about them every year at this time since your kids were really little and you told me about your tradition. Lucky kids... what a great mom!

Holly said...

Oh how I love GV! I don't get out there much, but I love it! How fun to spend the day there with your daughter. My hips want to thank you in advance for not making the donuts this year. :)

Tiffany said...

I love GV especially during the Halloween season! I am sad about the doughnuts, maybe I can talk my mama into doing it? I'll try! Happy Birthday to Hailey, Benson's birthday twin!

wende said...

i love g.v. - it's one of my favorite places to go with sister in laws or girlfriends and especially WITHOUT kids! my fave store there is the fabric store - i can't remember the name right now, but they always have the most incredible quilts. i wish i knew how to be that crafty with fabric and a needle.

you can skip making donuts this year since we won't be able to trick or treat your house - but promise you'll revive them next year k? :)

ps i love that photo of megan, she is beautiful and i can't help but notice how happy she looks.

Rachel said...

Oh, I haven't been to Gardner Village in For.Ev.Er! Love that place, it always reminds me of my mom. Beautiful photo of Megan, too - I love those happy accidents!

Jill said...

I've only been to Gardener's Village once and that was years ago for dinner, so I've never walked around the shops. My sister took my kids there last week while I was in Michigan though and they had fun finding the witches.

Your self-portraits are darling. I like it when I accidentally get some super telephoto shots like that, they're unexpected and often cool. Megan is definitely beautiful.

Those donuts look soooo good! It would be very dangerous to make 8 batches of those.

Janae said...

What a fun day with Megan. I love both pictures:)
The donuts look amazing...8 batches would do me in too!

Cecilia said...

What a fun day with Megan! I love the SP, she is gorgeous!

I've never been to G.V. but with all the fun posts about it I'm tempted to go.

Those donuts look AMAZING!

michelle said...

I went to GV once, years ago, and I can't remember what any of the shops are!

I love super close-up self-portraits, they are just cool.

I think you are making the right decision about the donuts. Those would be hard to have around if you were trying not to eat them!

Des said...

Thanks for the awesome pics at Gardiner Village. I never get to go there enough! I love that place at harvest time!! Thank you, Thank you!