Tuesday, October 21, 2008

day at the capitol, hailey's day, & religious hair??

Today Karrie & I spent the day at the Capitol building. We went to the state legislative PTA conference. It was really great. We went to some fabulous classes on:Community councils, class size reduction, the state school plan- why we should have one- we don't, and gold medal schools. I really learned a lot & love being with such involved & educated women. We had lunch & witnessed some state awards given to two different people who happen to live in our school district- pretty cool.I love the capitol building. It is fantastic. I really need to go on a tour. I really want to go on a tour. I will definitely keep- going on a tour of the capitol- off my new years list for 2009- since I haven't done one single thing on my 2008 list....... (heavy sigh & rolling my eyes.) While walking to a class we spied this amazing room with the door open. We wanted so badly to go in. We discussed sneaking in & getting pictures of us sitting in the hot seat- hee hee hee. Then, noticed there were two people in there- dang. Surely we would've gotten in big trouble then kicked out of the building & kicked out of the PTA.
Cowards...

On the way there we drove by this bumper sticker...?

What in the world?

I didn't know the campaign was religious?
I won't say which is my candidate of choice,
(I think there are enough political blogs out there)
but I will say I think this is a very strange bumper sticker. Now I will also mention that the political sign in my front yard was stolen while we were in Wyoming... brett was totally ticked off. A neighbor brought it by tonight. He found it in his bushes.
Just to be fair- here's another bumper sticker we saw.
Strictly political, no religion attached.
I spent the whole first class listening intently & trying to get a good photo of the cutest haircut ever. This girl was so cute! I think I'm in love with her hair. Actually I'm pretty sure I am. I won't put her irritated, front face photo up. I think she may have guessed I was stalking her. I tried to find the right moment to tell her she had the best hair ever but didn't get the chance.
**
I got home before school got out- I ran a couple of errands- then took Hailey to a group piano lesson. While she was gone her friends came by to secretly decorate her room for her birthday. How fun!
When we got back from the lesson- I told her Chloe had put a birthday present on her bed. She opened her bedroom door & SurpRIse!! How exciting :)
What thoughtful girls! Good friends are such a blessing at every age.

We had our first of two birthday dinners.
The second one is Sunday when Megan & Tony can come down.
Jack had a rugby meeting- he is the captain this year-
so he had to skip out after the present opening.

She opened her presents- spoiled ;) -then- I told her about the girl with the great hair. She said- oh ya that's called the Mormon A line cut. What the world, again? Hairstyles religious too?

what's this world coming to?

Do YOU think this bumper sticker is weird, or am I just off?

Should I get my haircut like this... I really want to- but- Mormon A line? Have you heard of this?

Am I going mad? I think I need get some sleep for once!

12 comments:

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

That bumper sticker is totally weird.

Karrie said...

What a great day and do I see the Blogger Moms second generation in Hailey's room? I think you would look cute with the Mormon A line. See you tomorrow

Holly said...

How fun of her friends to do that!
Ok, about the hair. LOVE IT! I guess that I have a "Mormon A-line" Bring it. :) Even if it was a Catholic A-line I would still have one!

I'm all for short hair though.

Kristy said...

I like the Mormon A line....I didn't know that is what it is called. I am out of it what can I say.

What a fun day!!! I am glad Hailey had a fun b-day. Friends can make a huge difference on birthdays!

michelle said...

I guess the bumper sticker is a little strange. Do we need to try to combine politics with religion? (more than it sometimes seems to be?)

Good friends are such a blessing at every age. Amen!

I have never heard of the Mormon A-line, but I love it. Go for it.

She Loves To Make said...

Yes, I am SO SICK of stickers and shirts or people saying mormons support so and so or this person is voting for so and so. It is annoying.

Rachel said...

Haha, I totally have to laugh about the things you see in Utah sometimes. That said, I went to a meeting of LDS home school moms up here, and oh my goodness, it was like Obama was a nasty word or something! Sheesh. I'm still undecided (I know, down to the wire much?) but I am never more annoyed than when I'm at church or even with people from church, and they assume that just because we share the same religion that means we have the same opinions about everything. Blah.

wende said...

that bumper sticker is weird. all i can think of is that maybe because generally speaking, mormons are usually republican, that particular person felt like they wanted to show that there are deomcratic mormons out there? i don't know, i don't think it's as across the board as it used to be. but still, it IS a weird bumper sticker.

plus, i kind of want to know what the cut looked like from the front. just curious. how funny that she could "feel" you stalking her! too bad you didn't get a chance to compliment her hair, it probably would've made her day!

Janae said...

I love that Hailey's friends decorated her room...very fun!
I really like your hair now...the A line seems cute and all but, I like your hair better...that's just my two cents on that.
The bumper sticker is really..just kinda crazy weird...the church has ALWAYS stayed neutral in any kind of political running so that is quite odd someone thought they should add that in there...

Karolynn said...

Yes I have heard of the Mormon A-line. I had that same hair cut, but could never get it to look like that, I suck with a round brush. Looks like you had a great trip. Seriously Hailey has some great friends. She is a great girl! It looks like she had an awesome birthday! Chloe is a doll on the horse! Your family is always doing fun things!

Stacie said...

That picture of you and Karrie is really cute! Yes--I thought the haircut was cute too but I have not heard of a Mormon A-line!?!?

That was sweet of Hailey's friends!! Yes--good friends are great at any age!! :)

Jill said...

That haircut is totally cute, but I'm sure it means round brushing while drying it each day...are you up for that? (I'm not, I'm a dry and go girl.)

I've never been to the capitol but it looks beautiful.

I'm not loving my involvement with PTA this year and am wishing I hadn't let myself get shnockered into it.

The bumper sticker is definitely weird.

Hooray for Hailey and her cute friends! I love stuff like this.