Sunday, October 5, 2008

conference weekend

Twice a year my church has a Conference. It's called General Conference, there are 5 sessions, it takes place in Salt lake City & it is the first weekend of every October & April. I remember being a kid growing up in Seattle we listened to it on the radio as a family.
(sorry about the fuzzy photo)
Each session is 2 hours with various speakers & musical numbers from the Tabernacle Choir & other choirs. Conference is a very special time for members of the church. Most places now you can see it on satellite broadcast, or TV.
Even the missionary will be watching- it plays throughout the world on delay.
(conference kits made for the ladies I visit teach)
General Conference this year has definitely not disappointed. I have laughed & cried & definitely felt the spirit of the Holy Ghost reminding me of things I already knew & confirming to me the importance of this life- what we do- who we become. I am grateful for Conference.

I love it

8 comments:

Karolynn said...

I love conference too. I am just hanging out with no makeup on, in my grubby yet comfortable clothes soaking it all in. The conference kits are amazing. I wished I had one right about now.

Jill said...

Your conference baskets turned out so great, what all did you put in them? I'll have to include your photo in my reminder post next April.

Karrie said...

I love Conference too...but for selfish reasons...like sleeping in and watching in my PJ's....so awesome and really great inspiriation!

wende said...

i love conference weekend - especially the pj part karrie! your baskets are so cute, the tissue paper is what i needed! i kept thinking something was missing, now i know what! they were a big hit!

Kristy said...

Love the baskets!!! I have been good today no falling asleep during conference....I keep working on my projects. The talks have been awesome so far.

crystal said...

Your kits are so dang CUTE! I had to come snoop at yours after looking at Jill's and Michelle's.

SOMEday I will do this!

Beth said...

Yes pls share what you put in your conference kits! I tried to do them last year and something very simple ended up being VERY expensive and more time than I had to do them... it kind of took all the fun out of it. So I need help learning how to do it right from you Utah girls!

I loved conference! We had a rainy conference weekend here too!

michelle said...

Yes! I love love Conference weekend. Your baskets turned out so great!