Tuesday, June 30, 2009

june is almost over?

I cannot believe June is over after today.
All the rain & cool weather has been
GREAT
but through me off mentally.
(apparently it doesn't take a lot)
Some of the things I missed blogging about in June:
Chloe & Trent have had 3 weeks of swimming lessons!
This year it has been raining & cool, but still fun in a warm pool.
I think T- is actually picking it up!!?
{Zore's final resting place, covered with rose petals}
Our nearly FIVE Year Old Gold Fish- Zore passed away.
It was a heart wrenching couple of days....
as Trent passed by his floating body -- tears & more tears.
We finally buried him/her.
Trent did the digging- Chloe gave the eulogy & I said the prayer.
She tossed rose petals. Trent mostly cried.
I made another apron & because of the pattern on the fabric,
I chose to go simple on the design- bad idea- it didn't turn out like I wanted.

I've had the most beautiful roses thanks to all the rain- and now- the daisies are up.

June has been a slow, long, fast, short kind of month.

With the heat coming on & my favorite holiday of the year-

it feels like summer!

6 comments:

Kim Sue said...

we have crammed so much into June but I still can not believe the end is here...we are excited about the holiday weekend too

She Loves To Make said...

Poor Zore...poor Trent. I like the apron you made! Beautiful fabric. I can't believe June is almost over. It has flown by!

Janae said...

June has definitely flown by!
I am sorry for your loss of Zore...was that the fish that was always swimming on it's side?
I think the apron turned out cute!

Jill said...

I feel like I lost June completely. I'm in a totally time warp and am in disbelief that this weekend is The Fourth of July, crazy.

I have never heard of a gold fish living for 5 years! What was your secret?

Karrie said...

Oh I'm so sad to hear of you loss...tell Trent I'm so sorry!

Love the daisies and the apron..it looks great.

I'm hoping July will have warmer days than June did!!

KC

michelle said...

I loved the cool rainy weather, but now I feel like I missed a whole month of summer! I would swear the kids just got out of school...

Great photo of the fish memorial.