Saturday, June 6, 2009

grandma & grandpa are getting too old for this...

Thursday night
(or should I say Friday morning?)
after graduation...
grandpa & I helped out at the all night graduation party.

We had the 2:30 - 5:30 AM shift & I'm not sure it would have been worse to just be there all night? Although I have to admit--- we look pretty darn good for being about 3:30 AM!
the all night graduation party is AMAZING!
We were dumb enough to volunteer for megan & brian's too- so we knew what we were getting in for. It's unbelievable what they've got set up here at the high school! The kids have to get there before midnight- they lock the doors & no one comes in our out- except for chaperoning parents. Thankfully- this helps curb drink fests & driving accidents.
You would never know from the pictures I took- that there are hundreds of activities going on here- hey--- it was 2:30 ish in the morning...
I'm lucky to be here & it's unbelievable I took any photos at all!
There was unlimited pizza, soda, donuts, bagels, sub sandwiches, cookies, nachos, popcorn - heaven really- but who can eat so early-- I should have come & stayed all night as not to have ruined my appetite. JK

I only took pictures in the gym... where the carnival games were? There were so many other things going on. I can't even think where to begin. There were segway rides, all kinds of sports, karaoke, fortune telling, prizes awarded all through the night, price is right, who wants to be a millionaire?, dancing, carnival games, great going's on- so fun- especially if you are not old.
Brett & i were delighted to be put over the Dance Dance revolution competition.
HOORay for us- no one was really playing & we sat back to relax, I pulled out my book & happily started reading & sucking down a diet coke. Brett had the brilliant idea to run home & get his laptop so he could get some work done- mistake!
Upon finding out we were not busy they switched us to the football throw.
We spent the rest of the night chasing mistakenly thrown footballs.... the horror. I was so stickin tired already. Brett felt bad- and let me hand out the winning tickets while he chased balls...
The kids turned in tickets for the continuous prized being drawn.
Great news!!
After all our worry & shopping for a laptop for graduation (see story below) jack
WON A LAPTOP!!!
it was the second biggest prize of the night-
I can't believe it, talk about thrilling-
he won it playing The Price Is Right & doing the ol'
wait til everyone else bids & bidding $1 higher- brilliant
he didn't get into BYU for nothin'
At the end of the night they let 700 balloons drop each with at least $1 in it.
It was a great night- thanks to all the hundreds of volunteers & sponsors.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, what an amazing night! So fun that you have volunteered every year- I mean seriously, I wouldn't want to miss it! And WOW on winning a laptop :)

Jill said...

Wow, he won a laptop, that's amazing!!!

You and Brett are great to volunteer to help at grad night, especially with such a brutal shift.

Anonymous said...

What the!!!! Speak for yourself miss "Grandpa and I!". I'll proudly wear the badge, but ya gotta let me ease into this one!
B

P.S. You are one HOT G-ma!!!!

Johnna said...

Winning a lap top! Way to go. Must be the extra blessings from attending the TRUE University!

Oh and props to you and Brett! We quit after the 2nd all nighter! (But then again so did the kids.)
:)
See you in a few days!

Johnna.

crystal said...

That party is amazing & I'm going to start campaigning right now to get one at our high school.

And "sucking down a diet coke...." I am SO with ya, sister.

shannon said...

I can't believe that you were brave enough to volunteer! I'm telling ya, you're a saint!

This sounds like so much fun!--Great idea! (only I wouldn't be ballsy enough to chaperone!) I need my sleep!! I never cease to be amazed with the fun programs that the schools out there have!

I can't believe that he won a laptop for pete's sake! Holy extravagent door prizes!

Kim Sue said...

that's one heck of a party!