Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Brett!

Today is Brett's birthday!
It's a rough time of year for a birthday with all the end of school year activities... but I try to make it special every year. Somehow, it just doesn't seem like enough though. I canceled on two places I was scheduled to be at (pta stuff, etc.) What was I thinking that I could be there? We went to lunch & had his favorite- Chinese food- then I ran home & put together our family party with the help of the kids.
We wrapped what we lovingly call-
stack o' presents
and prepared his requested favorites for dinner.

Grilled burgers, Three Bean Salad & Oven Baked Fries- mmm

Brett has a passion for all things caramel.
These caramel brownies are decadent.
He loved them! recipe here-
Much to Trent's delight-
after dinner we pulled out from around the corner our big present-
A ribbon wrapped, ultra outdoor lounge chair!!
this thing is so sweet!
I think it will stay in the family room for some
T.V. viewing/book reading in ultra comfort.
(at least until school gets out ;)
He unwrapped the rest of the presents in total comfort.

After this rush of a party we ran to the church for seminary graduation.
What is better on your birthday than seeing your son graduate from seminary? I mean really we talked about this afterward & it is such a blessing to have jack graduating from 4 years of seminary.
(I am planning on wrapping up graduation week with pictures & all later.)

I love you sweetheart!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

10 comments:

wende said...

we love brett at our house, what an awesome guy. great job making it a special day patsy.

LOVE the lounge chair - where did you get it? i might have to grab one of those! :)

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Happy late Birthday Brett!

Johnna said...

Oh no! Another missed opportunity! RATS! Oh well, let Brett know he made it past the dinosaur another year!

Love you,

She Loves To Make said...

The little party you had looked like a lot of fun! And that chair is awesome! That is the perfect present for him.

shannon said...

You really made it a special day for him...I'm feeling guilty that I never go to much trouble for Brian--His birthday is in a few weeks--I'll try to do you proud...

Karolynn said...

Wonderful party! He is such a great Man! Happy late birthday!

Kristy said...

Happy Birthday Brett!!!!!

The food looked way way yummy!!!

Janae said...

Happy Birthday Brett!
Sounds like a busy day but, a great birthday too:)

Kim Sue said...

that bean salad looks yummy

Jill said...

I love it that Brett unwrapped his presents in the reclined position, too funny!

Congratulations to Jack and to you and Brett!!