Sunday, June 28, 2009

a brittany kind of saturday

Yesterday Chloe & I
headed down to Utah Valley for my new- going to be niece in-law's, wedding shower. This is Brittany
My nephew Marcus's fiance.
She's darling & a perfect match for Marcus!
We have a wedding coming up in two weeks & a load of wedding activities that we are all really excited for here!

Chloe & I got to meet Brittany's mom & family. They were great!

We are so happy for her & Marcus. It's going to be a fun couple of weeks.

After the shower-
My niece Brittany, Chloe & I headed to University Mall & Provo for some more fun.
I finally bought some DARlIng baby things for my new grandson- YES it's a boy! I didn't want to show what's in the bag... since I want Megan to be surprised. But-- I found the cutest things!
My niece Brittany- this Brittany is Marcus's sister.
Yep- two Brittany's in the family.
We have found ourselves saying-
Which Brittany?
The new Brittany, the old Brittany (I have banned that one), Marcus' Brittany, Brittany the original, Brittany Ann... on & on.
{the original Brittany & chloe making cards at Archivers}
What do you think we should call- the new Brittany??
Whatever... it was a blast to spend the day with Brittany & Chloe.
After shopping-
In honor of Nie Nie's birthday
We went to get a VaNIElla cupcake at the
Sweet Tooth Fairy

Hooray- the vaNIElla cupcakes were nearly sold out!
We had vaNIElla, strawberry lemonade & red velvet-
they did NOT disappoint. WOW

The Sweet Tooth Fairy is a darling store- I would have gotten pictures of the inside but it was pretty crowded. I'm glad we got there in time to get a NIE NIE cupcake.

We headed to Zupas for dinner -
(Zupas has the most fantastic food, if you're local & haven't been there... GO!)
Then home
to visit with the Trekkers!
Or a least Hailey.
Jack isn't really a "talk about everything that happened" kind of guy.
Yes- she is sunburned.
Yes- she swears she wore loads of sunscreen & had on a bonnet... but three days on the Wyoming plains will just do that to ya, especially if you have your mother's sensitive skin, sorry hay.

She learned a lot, had a great trek family, ate great food, walked nearly 31 miles altogether... but mostly she was just so glad she went because it was so much fun!
GREAT SATURDAY

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics. Looks like a wonderful day. The cupcakes look awesome.

Karrie said...

I'm voting for Brittany the younger?

Sounds like a great day and the cupcakes looked like they were to die for!!!!

She Loves To Make said...

Looks like such a fun day! I wish I could've been there. You got cupcakes, zupas and went shopping at the university mall?! I almost hate you guys right now...jk. Those cupcakes look almost as good as yours!

shannon said...

Those cupcakes look divine...I always think of you when I see a cute cupcake... :)

Hailey still looks great sunburned or not...!

jakenapril said...

oh, the sweet tooth fairy for vaniella cupcakes?!? so jealous! they are lovely, are they not? what a fun, brittany, kind of day!

Kristy said...

I am so jealous over the cupcakes!!! I saw that on Nie's blog and wanted to go get some. They look sooooo yummy!!!!

Can't wait to see what you found for your new little guy!!

I think everyone comes home sunburned from trek I think you sweat off all the sunscreen even though it is so called "sweatproof" You sweat more than average on trek!

Jill said...

Name overlapping a family is challenging. I think I'd start calling the new Brittany, "Marcus' Brittany".

Those cupcakes look amazing. I've never been to that place, but had that amazing Reese's cupcake Whitney's teacher gave me.

michelle said...

I'm dying to go to the Sweet Tooth Fairy! Even more now.

We have a lot of name overlap in our families. Marc's sister is named Michelle, and also a niece. The niece gets called Shelley, his sister is sometimes called Auntie M. Sometimes we use the first and last names to distinguish.

My grandma calls my Uncle Mark with a K or Mark E. for his middle name, and my Marc Marc with a C or Marc O.

Good luck sorting that out. Congratulations on your grandSON!

Janae said...

We have name overlap too. So, we have Aunt Katie and cousin Katie.
I vote for cousin Brittany/ niece Brittany...i don't know that still seems confusing!
What a fun day though! Those cupcakes...amazing. What a wonderful thing for them to do for Nie's b-day. I love it!
Poor Haley and the sunburn. I saw some serious trek/sunburn survivors at church yesterday. I hope hers fads soon:)

Beth said...

Bringing home Trek wounds like that sunburn really makes you appreciate all you and they (the pioneers) went through out there huh! Sorry Hailey, but you are still so darn cute!

Your Brittany day sounds so fun! Thanks for sharing the pictures and a little more glimpse into our new niece! I can't wait to meet her. Jim's work is too busy for him to come down for the wedding and I just got called into a job to work the week before and after, so I am not sure if I will be brave enough to sneak down for the day by myself or not now. That's a pretty fast trip for such a long way. I will let you know when I decide what to do.
Hugs! Beth

wende said...

what a great saturday, those cupcakes look fabulous!

i haven't been to a wedding shower in forever. i love adding members to the family - especially when they fit just right!

we have name over lap in our family - two moore brothers both married a jennifer. they are mostly jen and jenny, but sometimes we call them by their maiden names too, which i love. i don't love "new" and "old", or "original" for that matter. it makes it seem as thought one has stronger standing or something. i don't know a good solution though.

have fun with that! yay for your brittany kind of day. :)

Marie said...

Wow, those cupcakes look great! I just might have to make a trip out there.