Monday, June 8, 2009

the last day of school, company edition

7:00 came awfully early on the last day of school this year...
after the all night party & all. None the less- it is a very important day!
Not to be missed!!
I stammered to get the gifts together for Trent's teachers & all the aids, etc. at school. Trent is affected by so many people- not just his particular teacher. I know all kids are... but really trent is more than the average student. With his asperger issues- they know him, & luckily I think they love him as well.
Being the room mom to his retiring teacher-
the kids in the class & I worked on some extra special gifts.

Lucky I got there before she left. Kristy called me & gave me the warning-
She was just running off to a wedding & darn it- I didn't get her photo! shoot golly- I know I have several somewhere...
this is trent & his special ed. teacher.
She is truly amazing- tears-
She teaches a little social class to trent & a few other students with aspergers- plus works on most of his core subjects with him. I will be eternally grateful for this woman. Trent adores her, which makes my life & his so much easier. She is a miracle worker.

I stayed for their annual end of the year patriotic program & flag lowering ceremony.
Love that.
Trent & I walked home together & talked about what a great year of school it has been & how he is now a fourth grader!
***
That afternoon Brett got ready to take off -up to his home town.
His dad is in the hospital again for some severe back problems. Brett has agonized knowing he has not been there to help & was relieved to get there & see what he can do.
Later that afternoon Jack ran to the airport & picked up my darling niece Kylie.

She & I had a delightful time visiting.
She is heading up to her grandparents house for the summer to work before going to art school. She is an artist- a real artist- with unbelievable talent.
(I am looking up some art here that she has won contest for... updated soon, I hope!)

We had a calm- unbelievably calm after the week we've had- night with nothing to do!
We had edemame, hot wings, & milk shakes for dinner, while playing cards- then went out & enjoyed a far off lightening storm on the front porch.

We lit off a few sparklers- just for fun.
Her parents flew in at 1:40 AM - another long night-
from Florida- they were headed to a family funeral in the morning.
We had breakfast together- her family & mine.

Her dad Cody-
I should have taken more photos- but they had to head out.
Just a few short hours later look who came by!!!!!
My sweet niece Johnna & her baby Drax!
Are they beautiful or what!?
My sister was with her too- but like a jerk I didn't take her picture either... I think the lack of sleep was getting to me?
So
Summer Begins-
It's officially here
company
fireworks
babies
and
all

11 comments:

Johnna said...

Never a dull moment!

Have a great day!

She Loves To Make said...

Drax is super cute! I'm jealous you got to spend time with Keri's family. I love that first picture of Kylie. Your blueberry muffins sound really good right now...

Kristy said...

Fun times at your house! I hope Brett's Dad is doing better.

I am ready for some calm weekends.....do they really happen???

Karrie said...

What a busy week....love the book, hope all the family visits go well. Hope Brett's Dad and Mom are doing better.

crystal said...

I love, love, love the feeling of the onset of summer--just knowing all those lovely, lazy, fun-filled, boredom-filled days are ahead...ahhhh...

I haven't been able to follow your week! Better go read & catch up! ta-ta!

crystal said...

"Ta-ta," as in "bye-bye," not as in "ta-tas," the boobies.

har har.

shannon said...

Our school isn't out until June 19-why are we getting out so late?!

I need more details about that teacher gift! It looks intruiging! E-mail me!

I really like the idea of a flag lowering ceremony...great idea!

Sparklers as a last day of school treat...I'm putting it on my list--

baby Drax is so very yummy! How is your daughter feeling with her pregnancy?

Anonymous said...

Does summer at least slow down for you? Sheesh! How fun to do sparklers! And that baby is to die for cute :)

Kim Sue said...

wow!

wende said...

your teachers are so lucky. i'm dying over your darling bag that you made for mrs. t!

love love love it.

Jill said...

Trent's teacher lucked out by having you as the room mom for her last year!

Edemame, hotwings and milk shakes--I've never had that for dinner before.