Thursday, June 4, 2009

yesterday

so yesterday was a good day
But today Trent went back to school (so far)
You see when you are in third grade...
missing the last week of school,
especially the field day carnival -
is just about the worst think that can happen to you. so hooray that Trent is off at the carnival
(I hope it lasts for his sake!)
instead of home playing Monopoly with me.
(by the way- he kicked my trash)
this Monopoly World Edition with debit cards instead of paper money- is a blast!
Last night was a special YW- mother daughter night.
We decorated cakes.

Here are the girls with their cakes!
fun times!!

coming up:
*Megan found out what her baby is today!!
I'm sure she will post the big news so I will let you check it out on her blog...
*Jack's High School Graduation!-- tonight!!
*WOO Hoo tomorrow is the last day of school- well except for jack, something tells me he doesn't have to go tomorrow :)
*is this a big week at your house?
*when is school out?
p.s.- I didn't send many of you grad. announcements- not because I didn't want to- I guess I don't want anyone to feel like they need to send a gift, etc. If you really want one- I have loads- let me know :)

9 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

You have the new monopoly game? Oh I'm jealous! It looks like so much fun! The cakes sure turned out cute! Love you!

Johnna said...

okay so what time is the appointment? I am not handling the wait very well. I can only imagine what you are going through!

Kristy said...

I am glad that Trent got to go to field day!!

The cakes are way cute! The girls are talented like their Mom.

Have loads of fun tonight!! CONGRATS Jack!!!!!

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Those cakes are cute! That is so fun that they have a mother-daughter YW night.

shannon said...

Missing the last week of third grade is got to be right up there with the worst thing ever!-right? :) My guy would hate it as well...hopefully, Trent doesn't get a sick relapse . But if he does, look on the bright side, maybe he'll be too weak and you'll have the advantage in monopoly...

Those cakes are delightful...what a clever activity...Very creative stuff going on in the beach cake!

Can't wait to hear what sex your new grandchild is

Karrie said...

I love the cakes the girls did...so cute!

Trent was so fun the other night...I'm serious about putting that kid in tennis lessons!

Holly said...

Glad Trent was better (and didn't miss field day--that would've been BAD)--and that whatever it was didn't spread!

The cakes turned out great--I bet the young girls loved that activity.

Hope Jack's graduation (sniff sniff) went well!!

Jill said...

The cake decorating seems like a fun YW activity and right up your alley!

I'm so excited for Megan! Now you can go back and get the fabrics you picked out right?

wende said...

we are so excited for megan around here too! (and for you of course!)
we need to start shopping!

those cakes turned out so great! love the little beach scene...great idea.