Wednesday, June 3, 2009

whatever you call it--- I hope it's over soon

Trent is home sick today experiencing the "green apple two step,"
if you know what I mean?
He was home sick on Monday too- a little bit of the pre-dawn hours, "hershey squirts" goin' on.
Followed by "upchucking" twice.
Brett thought for sure he was okay...
and let me go back to bed (it was a long night)
Then, took him into the office for a 5:30 AM emergency.
bad idea.
two vomitous moments later & a ride home on dad's sweatshirt to avoid "skid marks" on the seat of his truck...
said skid marks were unavoidable.
lesson learned.
He went to school yesterday,
Nothing of the "acid butt" since early morning the day before-
just to come home afterward with a return of the "scours."
I googled, "swine flu symptoms" just out of motherly worry.
It's all good.
I have dutifully wiped down every door knob- & light switch,
the keyboards & toilets.
All in the hope that he will be the only.
one.
OH Please.

today I am so thankful for my new washing machine & it's sanitation cycle.
Yes- there is reason to celebrate.

8 comments:

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Sounds rough... I hope it ends with Trent, poor kid.

shannon said...

Looks like you got your new washing machine just in time!--What's up with these spring viruses? :(

Karolynn said...

OH NO!! Carter and Morgan had that same type of stuff a couple of weeks ago. I seriously thought Morgan was going to die. I hope he gets well soon!

Kristy said...

Hope Trent is better for field day!!! Hopefully the end of this virus is here. I am hoping it doesn't go around their class. Jake just said one kid has 5th disease in their class....oh joy! Hopefully neither one of us will get that one!

LOVE the sanitary cycle on our washers!!!

Gail said...

Very descriptive!!!!

wende said...

green apple two step? what the heck is that?

i hope he starts to feel better soon, i'm not sure brett can take many more skid marks in his car! :) thanks for the good laugh though. sorry brett.

Janae said...

oh dear...this sounds really high on the yuck-o scale! I hope he is doing better for field day. I also hope he does not share it with the rest of your fam.:)

Jill said...

Ew, this is funny.