Monday, June 15, 2009

blogging break is over

It has been almost a week since I have updated this blog- crazy fast how a week flies by- I guess I just needed a break?
But I am back-
The first official week of summer has been a good one.
Wet- but good.
Seriously, it has been pouring down rain for a week, more really. I'm not complaining... trying not to- the heat is coming & I hate the extreme heat. I just really miss the sun.
This week the scouts & I did some outdoor cooking with the help of propane. It rained most of the time, but it was still really really fun. A little rain never hurt anyone. Scouts are not wimps I kept telling them- we had to move the grill under the trees of the deck to avoid getting seriously soaked. Hot dogs never taste better than cooked on fire- marshmallows too. I tried to pop some popcorn in foil... didn't work.
I made cupcakes with Janae on Saturday for a wedding.
Cutest wedding ever.
I had janae's girls over Friday with wende & ethan- good times!
I should have taken photos???
more than taking a blogging break, I feel like I have been taking a photo break. My camera is acting up & I'm getting lazy dealing with that...
anyhow-
it's good to be back!

14 comments:

Kristy said...

The cupcakes turned out so dang cute!

I am going to cub camp on Wednesday so it better not rain. I can't think of anything more miserable than cub camp in the rain!!

Nichole Neumeyer said...

Those cupcakes, to say the least, were toooo dilish! Great job! I hope that someday I can be a good baker like you! :)

Karolynn said...

I am glad you are back to your blog! Those cupcakes are amazing! I must say you make the best bread and jam too! We were in heaven! Thanks so much it really cheered me up!

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Those cupcakes are adorable... I am glad you are back!

Janae said...

I'm trying to do a blog-reading catch up...it's going so-so;)
I loved the graduation photos and your end of the year school post. Lilli's class missed the closing ceremonies because they forgot to call them!!!$#@! oh well, it was sad, she was sad, i was sad...is it really that hard to remember there is a class in the portable that needs announcements? i digress...
so, loved making those wonderful cupcakes with you! so fun:)
and, my girls love you and your house and your dogs...i told you i owe you that gift certificate;)

Anonymous said...

Wow those cupcakes are cute! I swear I am the only one who has been loving this rain and hope it keeps up...maybe I need to move to Seattle :)

shannon said...

There you go with that cupcake cuteness again! For real, Patsy! You girls are so talented!

I keep going in and out of blog conscienceness also...I'm just not as motivated to sit at the computer when I've got endless amounts of yard work and kid/pet duties...arrrrrrrrrhhhhgggg

Kim Sue said...

I've always thought food just tastes better outside.

wende said...

shannon is right, you girls are SO talented! darling.

we had so much fun hanging with you on friday - you are the funnest babysitter EVER and no wonder that you're the girls favorite blogger mom. :)

and i am LOVING this rain. it's going to be hot sooner enough, so i say, bring it on.

Karrie said...

I love love love those cupcakes...it's worth getting married again to have you and Janae make them for my tropical reception in the Mediterranean.

crystal said...

Please, oh please, start a cupcake blog! I NEED to know how to make those divine-looking confections! You are an artist.

She Loves To Make said...

Yay you are back :) I love the cupcakes! The cherries and raspberry ones are my favorite! So, so cute!!!

michelle said...

Scouts are not wimps. Awesome.

Those cupcakes are amazingly cute!

I love the rain. Can't stand the heat.

Jill said...

That must have been a fun activity for the scouts, good thinking!

The cupcakes are so beautiful!