Tuesday, July 12, 2011

a quilt for Joey

Two days before I left for Megan's house- I finished this quilt for Joey. I Love it... but not as much as I love that little Joey! One of my favorite things about Joey is he looks like one of us. Right after he was born I said- hey, he looks like Jack, wait- he looks like Trent, no-- he looks like megan--- WEll guess what? He looks like himself & he looks like us! It's amazing to see a bit of your family in a grandchild. just plain amazing. This quilt is made up of fabric from the cutest fabric.. but I can't remember the name- so sorry. It's also sold out everywhere. The pattern is called Double Dip & I got it here. I'm a huge fan of Camille- she's got skills that girl! It's a great pattern & really easy to use. I wanted to do something new- a tumbler quilt was perfect. It's just like plain square quilt- only different.


Look at this pile of scraps!
Lovely


Lucky for me Hailey was home when I was putting the colors together. she has a keen eye & helped me get them just right.



I quilted it myself.


Oh how I love this machine. My sisters got an Alaskan Cruise for Christmas & I got this machine. I know it sounds crazy but- I think I will get more joy out of the machine!



3 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

This quilt is so darling! We love it! Charlie loves pointing out "car" and "bike" :)

Jill said...

Quilts are really the best gifts!

michelle said...

I've never seen one like that! The scrap cuttings always make me feel happy. I would take the machine, too! I wish mine were better at machine quilting.