Friday, July 29, 2011

25 years old

More than 25 years ago (our anniversary was in May) one of my favorite & most influential young women leaders made this quilt for me as a wedding gift. It has been a treasure to me all these years. It was on our bed forever & ever. We've slept under it & wrapped our children up in it.Because it has been so loved, it has been carefully placed in between or underneath the quilt on our bed many times. But sadly... it's just plain worn out.

today I cut out a good section & placed it here, under glass.

It's hanging in our upstairs hallway & it will always remind me- of so many important things.


I'm glad I salvaged a chunk of it while there was still a chunk left.



5 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

That really is the softest blanket but it was falling to pieces! What a great idea to keep it forever that way!

Jill said...

That's an absolutely brilliant way to preserve what's left of that quilt!!!

michelle said...

Brilliant! I love it when decor is beautiful and also meaningful. Quilts are the best gifts ever.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Yes! I agree! Brilliant! I have a window just waiting to use for something like this. I just love it.

wende said...

LOOOOVE this!
so glad you kept it around, man i need some more meaningful decor around my house. :)