Friday, July 15, 2011

44~ it's my birthday!!

Forty Four things about me... If I can think of that many??

1. I am anxious about being 44

2. I wasn't about 40, 41, 42, or 43...

3. 44 just seems

4. weird & older- not old-

5. just older-- does that make sense?

6. I wanted to be an actress when I was a kid.

7. I always wanted to have a big family & I Do!

8. I am deeply in love with my husband

9. He is my very favorite person to be with always

10. He is my whole world & my greatest joy

11. I'm obsessed with cooking tools & products & cookbooks & electrics & dishes & it's getting ridiculous especially since I work at Williams Sonoma!

12. I love laundry & ironing- except I can't get caught up here lately. I proposed a NO CLOTHES day to help with the catch up--- no one went for it. cowards.

13. I also LOve fabric & I feel extreme guilt buying it when I have so much already.

14. Fabric-- it sucks me in-- right now I want/need some Sarah Jane by Michael Miller!!!

15. I could possibly be a vegetarian if it weren't for fast food cheese burgers or the ribs I learned to make in my new pressure cooker-- oh man, they are to die for!

16. probably the best present I ever gave myself-- for my 40th birthday I gave myself permission to stop going to public swimming pools. My life is better for it.

17. Lucky for Trent, Wende takes him swimming a lot.

18. I have the world's best friends

19. I LOVE being a mom & my kids - THEY ROCK!!

20. We are not perfect & I wouldn't even want to be anyway- which kind of makes them perfect.

21. Having missionary boys- changed my life.

22. And... made me realize just how much I Believe.

23. Having grand babies in my life is 100% beautiful.

24. I love to hear my kids make music.

25. and watch Chloe dance.

26. One of my favorite things is to listen in on Trent singing - a new occurrence- it's awesome.

27. I can make bubbles on my tongue.

28. sometimes I can blow them off & they float to the floor.

29. I refused to get physical therapy on my broken ankle (3 years ago) and now I have a permanently fat ugly ankle.

30. I can be really stubborn & that is not a good thing.

31. I wonder if I am doing what I was meant to do with my life?

32. I want to be a good person

33. I LOVE to recycle & I am passionate about it.

34. I struggle with wanting to lose weight. I know I need to.

35. But at the same time- I like myself just the way I am.

36. Until I have to get dressed... blah

37. I don't like ice cream but I make up for it with my love of GOOD cake.

38. I love to shop at Costco- especially on Saturdays. The crowds & samples- love it.

39. I collect fiesta ware- all different colors- but my serving ware is all RED.

40. I loathe paper/plastic plates... at my house- I am happy to use them anywhere else.

41. Primary is my favorite place to be at church.

42. I teach Relief Society- I like that too.

43. I love this blog. It's the most successful journal I've ever kept & it is 5 years old this month!

44. I love comments so please say hi!

10 comments:

Jen said...

Happy birthday. I hope you have a great day.
Jennifer

Kristy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Love ya!

Brit said...

Happy Birthday Patsy!

She Loves The Color Pink said...

Happy happy birthday mom! I love the idea of no clothes day--I busted up laughing when I read that. This is going to be a good year!

Jill said...

Hold on, stop the presses...you like going to Costco on Saturdays, you liked the crowds and the samples?!!! I'm going to have to process this information and re-evaluate things.


I hope you're having a great birthday!!

Karrie said...

Hope you had a great day....lunch was way yummy....sorry for the meeting place mix up. I am glad Brett was able to arrange being home for the BIG DAY!!!

Janae said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! Thanks for sharing it with us:) love ya!

Murdlem said...

Happy Birthday! I love to read your blog. It is so refreshing that people are so normal. I love that you love your husband, it is such a wonderful experience and not everyone gets to have a wonderful relationship with thier spouse and it makes me sad for them. I love hearing about your kids. I remember when you lived here in WA and we spent time together it was so fun. I still cut my cheese the way I saw you do it 20 years ago! Happy Birthday!

wende said...

i have better friends than you - because YOU'RE one of them! :)

happiest birthday patsy girl - i love you!

michelle said...

Wait... you don't like ice cream?! But do you like the homemade ice cream? I am totally a cake person, too. I do not understand people who don't like cake. (Unless all they know are mix cakes.)

You LIKE going to Costco on Saturdays? That blows my mind.

I am so cracking up about the no clothes day.

#8-10 are so very sweet. You are both so lucky!

I hope you had a wonderful birthday indeed. If it helps at all, I think you are a very young 44!